straightnotlevel
14th Dec 2005, 15:39
have you heard the news guys??

Air Mail
14th Dec 2005, 18:50
Is it long awaited news on recognition?

Say again s l o w l y
14th Dec 2005, 18:59
Do tell, has it finally happened? I thought recognition was approved last March?

Fred Shed
15th Dec 2005, 08:13
Looks like it's been a long process. The initial request was made to BALPA when I worked there several years ago. The MOBster was never going to come to the party with a bottle of wine.
BALPA took some stick for taking too long but proper procedures had to be followed and at last Emerald crews can finally get the support they deserve (and need).
It will be a brave man that takes on the role of union rep though as previous reps mysteriously dissapeared in the wilds of Speke never to be heard of again!!!
The representation should be regarded as an asset to the company. Any company that is above board will have nothing to fear.
Are crew meals and the fluffy toilet seat cover still an issue?

Germstone
15th Dec 2005, 12:23
mmmmm...mick will be pleased ;-)

Fred Shed
15th Dec 2005, 13:05
Would like to be a fly on the wall at the first meeting between BALPA and the company.
That's if the MOBster can be bothered to turn up for it.
Everything will get wrapped in the usual green flannel.

NG708
15th Dec 2005, 16:51
The union recogniton will only be as good as the guys prepared to stand up for the crew council.

So who's going to volunteer?

Good luck to you all, nice to see the result after all the groundwork put in.:)

Say again s l o w l y
15th Dec 2005, 18:20
Are there any union reps left? I know the MOB had them directly in his sights. Certainly all the chaps who had balls enough to stick their heads above the parapet when I was there have all left.

Good luck with it Buddies, it might just turn the place into a good little outfit if you all stick together.

Fred Shed
19th Dec 2005, 08:32
How many are left to stick together? I heard quite a few going. Soon be more aircraft than crew. Pay rise imminent?

Germstone
20th Dec 2005, 23:25
Pay rise imminent?

Fred....lol

theres always an imminent payrise @ Emerald ;-)

mine was imminent 5 days before i left for pastures new, prior to that it was a 5 year wait. !!

Pontious
5th Jan 2006, 18:28
Bollocks to BALPA!
You should have joined the T&GWU!

Joe le Taxi
5th Jan 2006, 18:35
The T&G are totally disinterested in pilots.

Pontious
7th Jan 2006, 10:09
Oh really, JLT?
I suggest you ask people who've used the T&G recently. They helped out at DHL Air/Air Contractors, the airline I work for is heading down the T&G route, I've got a mate that got caught up in the Debonair debarcle who is STILL waiting for someone from BALPA to return his calls and faxes, plus it's exactly the same legal cover for £10 per month!
I spoke to someone from the T&G at Crawley earlier this week and...
"... as a response to an increasing number of enquiries and applications from the Aviation sector, it is becoming apparent there is a need for the type of representation that the T&G' can offer...."
...was the reply to my question about why I should join the T&G' over BALPA.
:ok:

Joe le Taxi
7th Jan 2006, 20:06
There must have been a change of policy then.

I approached them about an issue and they said they would do all sorts of things to help;

so I joined - and they did the square root of f. all.