View Full Version : Etihad F/O vs Upgrade with EZY

Itaqhua
14th Dec 2005, 11:33
Join Etihad or stay with Easy and get CMD within 6 month?

Family willing to move to AUH, but also happy where we are right now...

Shagtastic
14th Dec 2005, 14:05
Stay with easy and grow old very quickly, or take your time with Etihad..

Shags

Norman Stanley Fletcher
14th Dec 2005, 14:33
The bottom line is that only you can make the decsion - just make sure it is an informed one. What I would say is, that unless you can say with absolute certainty you will be on a command course in the next 6 months then you should assume nothing. For what it is worth, I personally know several of the 80+ FOs who are in the 'command pool' awaiting courses and not a single one of them have been given a definite date. If you do not have a date then, in my view, you would be extremely unwise to assume only 6 months' wait.

Best of luck anyway - whatever you decide.

skywaytoheaven
14th Dec 2005, 15:54
I agree with shaggy, why would you want to tear round europe and go grey when you can see the world in style and comfort with Etihad, no contest.

springbok449
14th Dec 2005, 21:02
I would definately recommend Etihad, I was very impressed with their facilities, very nice and professional people.
Chance of a quick command on a 330/340.
If your family is happy to move there go and do it...good lifestyle, package just about to be reviewed for the better unlike EZY...

Good luck.

fullforward
14th Dec 2005, 21:44
I think you`re right Springbok, IŽll go for it. Did you already joined?
rgds

springbok449
15th Dec 2005, 10:10
FF,

Just sent you a PM...

Twin2040
17th Dec 2005, 07:47
Stay with EZY and get your command - then go to the Gulf. When will you be that close to command again - I do not think you will miss out on anything - just look at the orders for new Aluminium
Twin2040

Fly747
17th Dec 2005, 08:52
Most important, get your command. Only go to places like Eti as a DEC. Good luck.

unwiseowl
17th Dec 2005, 10:07
Stay with EZY and get your command - then go to the Gulf. When will you be that close to command again - I do not think you will miss out on anything

That sounds a good strategy, but in my experience, all that'll happen is that you'll be further down the list when you get to
Etihad. Those who have not planned the perfect experience profile will be senior and will get their command ahead of you.

CAPTAINNIC
17th Dec 2005, 15:24
i would stay with easy and then after some command hours, reduce to 75% and enjoy it...
because 75% of a captains salary with easy is still better than 100% easy fo or 100% etihad fo...

it also depends about, where you and your beloved ones feel at home...

Itaqhua
18th Dec 2005, 20:29
Thanks for all the inputs...

good luck to all of you!