PDA

View Full Version : Living and (not) working in KL

jocksaway69
14th Dec 2005, 10:28
OK worth a try I guess.... Expat with JAA ATPL, 2800 mostly single turbine.

Living in Kuala Lumpur for at least the next 3 years and seriously in need of a little local info.

Does anyone out there have any tips on making that all important first contact in Malaysia.

Looking for anything local, charter, biz jet or heaven forbid maybe even a regional airline that might be looking to hire.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Che Xindamail
15th Dec 2005, 02:37
Unless you're committed to KL, I would try MAS and their F50 or Twin Otter Ops on Borneo. They advertised a while back for expat F/Os and Captains.

I assume from your experience level that you are youngish and would therefore really recommend the Borneo experience, both flyingwise and on a personal level. Did it myself ages ago, and it was the best few years I've had. Great people to work with if you keep a humble attitude. Some real gentlemen in the left seat.

macam2ada
15th Dec 2005, 06:00
jocksaway69,

The company that is going to win the Malaysian Coastguard contract will start recruiting as soon as the award is made public.

It will be a 10 year contract with 2 Dash 8s based in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu.

You might want to keep good look out for this.

Jordan3054
15th Dec 2005, 06:44
Macam2ada

Do you know how many rotary aircraft the M'sian Coast Guard will be operating? I hear it may be 6 but dont quote me on that.

Jocksaway

Dont know of any companies but would definately say Borneo is worth a go if you get a chance. Great place to live for a few years at least.

If you do end up going out there and want any info on the place just send me a PM

jocksaway69
15th Dec 2005, 11:06
Thanks for the info about MAS sadly I am based in KL for the next 3 years (wifey has a good job) good thing really. I will keep a look out for the up coming stuff thanks for that

macam2ada
15th Dec 2005, 23:35
Jordan3054,

As far as I know the R/W contract is for 2 helicopters for 3 + 2 years. I may be wrong.

Jordan3054
16th Dec 2005, 06:32
macam2ada

Thanks. We'll just have to wait and see then.

Jordan3054

kwaiyai
23rd Dec 2005, 06:16
Hello Jocks,
Check your PM,
Regards,:cool: