PDA

View Full Version : Ba Lhr-cai 18/12

Jordan D
14th Dec 2005, 09:38
It was suggested (by people in JB) that I post my question here: Is anyone able to tell me the load on the above flight, which I (and the parents) are taking this weekend?

Responses much appreciated.

With thanks,
Jordan

amanoffewwords
14th Dec 2005, 09:57
I don't think you are going to get an answer since that information is deemed to be sensitive (for commercial and security related reasons I guess).

amofw

Jordan D
14th Dec 2005, 10:17
Well if it isn't, I'd appreciate it ... PM will be fine.

Good to know that I can't get information on flight on which I will be travelling.

Jordan

Bealzebub
14th Dec 2005, 12:20
The fact you are travelling on a flight entitles you to nothing beyond that stipulated in the contract of carriage. As others have said the information is priviliged for commercial and security reasons.

The airline will hope the flight is full and will be selling tickets right up until just before departure time unless that criteria is fulfilled earlier, so any knowledge is only a time point snaphot and therefore fairly academic in any event.

Why do you want to know, are you travelling standby ?

Globaliser
14th Dec 2005, 13:40
The closest that you're likely to come to the information that you want is by interrogating those publicly-available tools that return GDS availability information by booking class. This is not a very sophisticated or reliable gauge, because it's subject to many variables. But FWIW, as it's public information, this is what itn.net is showing to the US market at present:-

F0 A0 J0 C0 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K0 M0 R9 V0 N0 L0 S0 Q0

Personally, I think that R9 is an artefact and should probably be 0.

Jordan D
14th Dec 2005, 18:42
Thank you Globaliser.

Why do I want to know? Because I'm interested: I have confirmed seats (as do the rest of my family), but am interested. Is there something wrong in that?

Jordan

Bealzebub
14th Dec 2005, 20:22
No Jordan nothing wrong with that. When you get on you will be able to count the empty seats if any. Be sure to let us know how full it was. ;)