PDA

View Full Version : NCAA suspends licences ... but they are corrupt or have they changed direction ?

Gunship
14th Dec 2005, 09:13
I hear that the NCAA have suspended the operating licences of Sosaliso and Chanchangi .. yesterday ?

Maybe this is the start of the NCAA bringing all Nigerian Airlines up to JAR Ops or similar standards, the same as VK and Aero ???

VK passed its IATA audit this week I hear, which allows it to gain full IATA membership. (IATA Conference in Jhb finishes today me thinks).

How crazy that the NCAA felt it needed to audit Boeing as part of the approvals process for the VK 737-300 to operate !

(Wonder who paid their way to the Boeing factory) :E

Did they do the same for Aero?

Have they done the same for the 'new' Bellview aircraft?

Just thinking hard - up ... any feedback .. SN you there mate ? :E

Herc130
14th Dec 2005, 09:32
Gunns, SACAA does the same, it's part of ICAO Annex 6 and 8 requirements, recently brought a big pisscat out of NZ and had to send a SACAA Cert Eng (HA-HA-HA) out to certify the factory.

Maar wag, ek moet nou eers gaan sit en asem kry na die lagbui. :} Tyd vir nog 'n biertjie!!:ok:

Gunship
14th Dec 2005, 09:35
Yeah mate but surely (not) :E they have been to the USA / Boeing to "inspect" the other oke's that fly 737 's ? (uhmm or have they not perhaps ? ) :E

Gunship
14th Dec 2005, 11:06
Nigeria's President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday ordered that two private airlines be grounded following recent deadly air crashes in the west African country.

"The airlines Sosoliso and Chanchangi will be grounded with immediate effect and everything checked out within the week," Obasanjo announced shortly after a stakeholders meeting to find solution to Nigeria's ramshackle aviation sector.

The president said all aircraft will also be inspected to guarantee their air worthiness.

"All aircraft flying and operating in the country will be checked out within the week and those found defective in any way will be grounded," he warned.

He said foreign inspectors would assist in the exercise.

"To ensure the integrity of inspection two ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) officials have been seconded to Nigeria and if we need more we will ask for them," he said.

The stakeholders meeting followed Saturday's crash involving a private jet run by Sosoliso airline which crashed on landing at Port Harcourt airport, killing 107 people. There were three survivors.

The latest accident came less than two months after a Bellview plane crashed near Lagos, claiming the lives of all the 117 passengers and crew on board.

LINK (http://www.fin24.co.za/articles/companies/display_article.asp?Nav=ns&lvl2=comp&ArticleID=1518-1783_1850458)

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Dec 2005, 12:23
A freebie with S&T paid for by the company requiring the approval? Do you honestly think any money grubbing civil servant with it's snout in the gravy trough would pass up an opportunity like that?:suspect:

MysticFlyer
14th Dec 2005, 12:35
Yip, and with TA back at Faulty Towers, to sort out the mess, he could lead the gravy train, with a flute....

NIJASEA
15th Dec 2005, 14:18
A lot to say about the grounding of the domestic operators but didnt BAL have all the required inspections and maintainance checks (I believe they are trying for JAR or they have it) prior to the accident out of lagos. A one off check doesnt stop anything this needs to be a continous operation. Just put one NCAA inspector per airline and if the airline is found wanting then the NCAA official and the airline loose their licences. It is sad to see we have sold ourselves short for the famous saying "IT CANT HAPPEN TO ME". I have done some scary things in my time short as it is but when i land and think of my kids i feel angry. If we all think hard and get a grip on our trainning i think we can cut down accidents and incidents by at least 50%.
MY GUYS IF THE PLANE NO GOOD, NOTHING LIKE MANAGE, LIFE NO GET SPARE OH....

Capt. Manuvar
17th Dec 2005, 14:39
Latest news is that 3 of Chanchangi's 737s have been given a clean bill of health so far. The inspectors are still at work on the others in Kaduna. I believe 3 aircraft are in lagos including the latest acquisition B737 5N-BIF. Normal operation should commence next week. I don't have any info on how Sosoliso are fairing with the inspection.

Gunship
20th Dec 2005, 12:58
Rumour : Bellview has just been grounded ...

Gunship
30th Dec 2005, 09:05
Rumour : Bellview is flying again ... :ok:

SASless
30th Dec 2005, 15:14
All this focus upon the "airlines"....merely a smoke screen to keep the focus off the real problem....and that is not the "airlines". I would suggest the Prez should be putting his own house in order first before pointing fingers at the symptoms of the problem.

Let's hear about the infrastructure and its problems....Approach Control without any Radar, airports without operable approach aids or approach systems, airport physical security issues....runway maintenance.....weather reporting...the lack of effective oversight of the overseers....nope..let's focus on the airlines themselves....afterall...they are easy targets.

surely not
30th Dec 2005, 18:53
Why don't we focus on the whole lot and put the whole lot in order?? Airlines, Airports, Authorities........... you don't get one without the other therefore they all have to be right, and the time to start is now.

SASless
30th Dec 2005, 19:49
Does not the Fish rot from the head?

But certainly, put the entire situation back on the right track!