PDA

View Full Version : 2nd interview dec 12,13th

A319guy
13th Dec 2005, 22:11
We had a group of 7 and it was just like all of the notes read...best eye test i have ever had...buy the sim time...go to boeing in seattle to the factory for the -400 if you have to..they charge US$550.00 for 2 hour and the instructor and the kid in the class who did it there did the best( he had also done one in Toronto and said it sucked) i did mine in msp at pan am and the sim guy on the 747-400 there is not a pilot and didnt have the profile he was there to run the sim and you just had to figure it out..flying the 400 raw data was like standing on a basket ball and trying to balance a try full of drinks...relax and you will do fine..now comes the hardest part the waiting for the time to call Pauiline back...A319guy

MATH GOUGE: the book of questions is 18 pages sitting in front of you...you get credit for number of correct answers...doesent say anthing about which order to answer...TAKE TWO MINUTUES AND THUMB THROUGH THE BOOKA AND SEE WHICH QUESITONS LOOK EASY TO YOU AND THEN ANSWER THEM FIRST AND THEN IF TIME ALLOWS GO BACK AND GET THE REST...USUALLY QUESTION 1 AND 2 OF EACH MODULE IS EASIER AND NUMBER 3 IS MUCH HARDER..

SIM GOUGE:
THEY WILL BRIEF IT BUT NOT GIVE YOU POWER SETTINGS OTHER THAN 1.18 EPR AT 280KTS STRAIGHT AND LEVEL

1.18 280 S/L pitch is 2.5
1.25 240k s/s pa is 4.0

GO BUY THE SIM TIME!

they will give some call outs but not others, the altiude bug is set at 10,000....speed bug is set at 320 so no help, he wont call out "20 degress prior", he wont call "200 to level off", he wont call "200 to mins" or minimums... if any more questions just ask...a319

100% Ng
14th Dec 2005, 00:01
Hey A319guy,

I have a second interview coming up in January and have a query. I notice in the Sim check notes that they don't give you any power settings for the different configs. Do they brief you on this prior to the sim or is it case of sort it out yourself.

Fingers crossed for ya
100%

SingleSingle
14th Dec 2005, 19:16
They will give you the details in the sim brief.

If you do get some sim time somewhere else, keep in mind that different sims have different engines (GE), and those numbers that you used in the sim may or may not be the same as Cathay's.

It is a handful, good luck.

rhinodriver
15th Dec 2005, 18:45
To those that were there... I enjoyed meeting all you guys. We had a great group of talent and I hope we all get good news later next week!

Matt

ALFRED
15th Dec 2005, 18:55
Cheers ! :ok:

I like your words Rhino !!

Alfred.

nickvola
19th Dec 2005, 22:47
Attended 2nd interview Dec 15 & 16. No calculators for Math test. Advice given by A319 guy is right on.

As for the group exercise, get together with the others in your group and discuss your strategy the evening prior over dinner and a couple of beers. There are numerous bits of information that are presented, some of it is superfluous. Consider appointing someone a timekeeper and someone else as note taker. I recommend organizing all the information given in a chart of some sort so that all of the data are in one place and easily referenced. We used the grease board so everyone could see the chart and contribute/correct as necessary.

My opinion is that they do not want to see one person dominating the situation or one person not participating. I think either extreme would be detrimental to you.

The sim is a handful, especially for us fly-by-wire guys. I would recommend buying sim time if you have not flown Boeings. I was on the 76 two years back but it still felt like I was working way too hard. The instructor will run the emergency checklist for you if you ask, and he will call 1,000 prior to level off but nothing about minimums. Brief him on everything you would like to have called, he will let you know what he won't do, but he will not volunteer anything. They do brief you before hand on what to expect and I thought it was a good brief. They will answer any questions you have.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to all.

rhinodriver
23rd Dec 2005, 00:31
Just got off the phone with Pauline. I guess Christmas came 3 days early!