PDA

View Full Version : JAR Multi FI

johnnypick
12th Dec 2005, 16:40
I'm going to try to be carefull with the way I word this question, as I normally get this type of question rammed back down my neck.

Is it possible to do the Multi FI at the same time as the single, or put another way as not to offend anybody, do you have to have the single FI licence back from the CAA before you add a Multi to it.

Stan Evil
12th Dec 2005, 18:31
The initial FI course must be on an SE aeroplane and, if successful you beome an FI(Restricted). Until the (Restricted) bit is removed you cannot extend your FI privileges to either multi-engine or to applied instrument flying instruction. It's all in LASORS and JAR-FCL both of which are on the web.

Whopity
12th Dec 2005, 18:46
Unless of course you become a standalone CRI (ME) or an IRI as described in JAR-FCL 1.380 and 1.390.

These can be obtained totally independant of the FI(R)/ FI qualification.

johnnypick
12th Dec 2005, 18:53
Well, it may be burried in the JAR's somewhere (I've had a look, but I don't speak the dialect of chinese that it's written in), but it doesn't say in LASORS you need an Unrestricted FI to add the Multi.
I'll be unrestricted straight away anyway, I've already done the 100 hours instruction and the 25 solo sign off's, and they were all JAA PPL's and they were signed by a JAR FI.

Whopity
12th Dec 2005, 20:41
"but it doesn't say in LASORS you need an Unrestricted FI to add the Multi."

It does in My Copy: see LASORS H1.1 and

JAR-FCL 1.325 FI(R) privileges (b) (1) single engine Class or Type only. LASORS H1.2 sub para (a)

JAR-FCL 1.330 FI Privileges can include (e) single pilot ME Class or Type. LASORS does not give the privilleges of the FI(A) rating!

johnnypick
12th Dec 2005, 21:38
"but it doesn't say in LASORS you need an Unrestricted FI to add the Multi."

I obviously wasn't carefull enough when wording this reply.

I should have said- But it doesn't say in LASORS you need an Unrestricted FI to do the Multi FI course and to take the skills test.

All I want to do is go away to the US for 3/4 weeks and do both skills tests.

I'll leave it at that, but I know whats coming next!!!!!!!

EGBKFLYER
13th Dec 2005, 09:20
You might also have a look at www.ontrackaviation.com

Their website has entry requirements etc for nearly, if not all the various FI add-ons. I find it easier to use than LASORS.

johnnypick
13th Dec 2005, 11:30
EGBKFLYER, thanks for the link, makes things much clearer.

Cheers

johnnypick
16th Dec 2005, 13:13
Just been on the phone to the CAA and they couldn't answer this question. What hope have we got, eh!!!

Whopity
16th Dec 2005, 18:46
Its all here:
http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/541268.pdf

I've made the CAA aware of the errors in that part of LASORS.