PDA

View Full Version : New Doha Int. Airport Project

popay
12th Dec 2005, 16:04
http://www.ndiaproject.com/ Quite impressive to see.
Cheers.:8

Boeing 787
13th Dec 2005, 04:39
The new airport will look impressive.

Will Qatar Airways have their own training centre, including simulators, as part of the project?

ATCO1962
13th Dec 2005, 06:15
By way of contrast, in Muscat, we now have a new Costa Coffee in our arrivals area after a year of work!!:}

popay
13th Dec 2005, 10:54
ATCO1962, good deal. I wish we could have Starbucks+subway upon departure, like in SIN. :ok:
On the other hand, there's need to improve the ATC approach procedures as well, I think. I don't know how about others, but I have the impression, that if there are more than 5 airplanes checked in from North West and couple of others from South East for the approach, the last one from NW has to fly very slow in order not to see APU of the preceding A/C. Why don't we use a positive speed control? Everybody slows down, instead of maintaining the same speed lets say 300 kt, keeping required lateral separation, why? Abeam the airdrome guys fly green dot, although there is a lot of traffic behind. Why not do it like in LHR, with assigned speed profile? If there are any ATC guys, would appreciate your comments.
With the new airport and massive traffic i wounder how is that going to work?
Cheers

Golden Parrot
13th Dec 2005, 12:46
With the volume of traffic DOH is starting to get the authorities should seriously start thinking of implementing SIDs and STARS and reducing the 10NM separation on final that is currently required. Oh and also I wish some people would not be so afraid of flying faster than 270 KIAS. ;)