PDA

View Full Version : AK Pilots leaving for India

Syrian Aviator
12th Dec 2005, 09:22
Heard AK management is still recovering from a shock, 30 or so pilots left for India, promised amazing salaries (10K USD!) is that true? I find it difficult to believe especially when watching the CEO boarding his first A320 @ WMKL!

???

Left Wing
12th Dec 2005, 10:41
All of them were to join Jet Airways, the Malaysian CAA f:mad: them all by issuing notice of their Malaysian ATPL is here by null & void if they leave their current place of employment. Hence every one of them is back at AK could be with a pay cut.

After the MH guys jumped to EK & EY; they have gone crazy trying to stop pilots jumping ship.

coco-nuts
12th Dec 2005, 12:40
Crikey 30 pilots! Certainly puts a hole in the ops department.Left Wing, did you say that some of them have gone back to AK?

cheers
coco

european champion
12th Dec 2005, 13:14
I guess its a good time to apply to AK.which company is this by the way?

Left Wing
12th Dec 2005, 15:42
None of them quit! :}

Dani
12th Dec 2005, 16:31
That's what I predicted already long time ago: Air Asia can't keep their pilots, especially when they going to get their A320. The market is strongly against AA. You can't bond them forever. Sooner or later they leave. Or AA has to pay market prices.

Left wing, why do they stay if Malaysian ATPL is revoked? They wouldn't care, they get an Indian one. Or am I wrong?

Dani

gb777
13th Dec 2005, 00:06
Interesting Topic

Dani

I quote from a recent (3 months) Air India contract proposal:

*Foreign pilots operating in India are issued with a validation of their home country license. Accordingly you must be able to keep your home country license current for the term of your assignment in India.*

What a hassle!

gb

MASsenger
13th Dec 2005, 03:09
Tony will pay peanuts as far as possible to keep in line as LCC. This game plan was good when AK was a small player and pilots from the forces filled up the positions. However AK is growing to be as large as MAS in the number of Aircrafts. Peanuts these days will not even get you monkeys. Drivers are in short supply & the industry cannot meet the demand. Will be interesting to note how Tony will tackle this, mind you he`s a very smart man when in come to money. With no airline experience he got a very successful airline running. Managing it`s money matters fall right into his ring of skills!!!.

speedtwoten
13th Dec 2005, 12:05
Dani, what gb777 said is true, you got validation paper only, and you have to maintain your country home licence current, but by any way don't joint Air Sahara read the topic here