PDA

View Full Version : any EU 737 pilot unemployed?

pimo
12th Dec 2005, 02:27
Hi!

I was wondering if there are any European B-737 type-rated pilots, with experience on type, that are unemployed right now. And if so, for how long?

What about B-737 type-rated BUT without hours on type? Any idea what percentage still manages to find a job without hours on type?

Thanks!!

Dirty Harry 76
12th Dec 2005, 11:26
Hey There.

My observations to answer your questions.

Any 737 pilot who has any experiance on Type (100hrs plus) and any good is employed right now. However, Some people are not flying very much at the moment waiting for the charter companies to get busy again next summer.

Type rating (without the offer of a job from an airline) Id say approx 10% find jobs without any line experiance. In other words its a real bun fight to find work.

corklad
12th Dec 2005, 12:35
i have zero hrs on type and just landed a job in asia. also have an inquiry from an eastern european company. i got my type added to my faa license as its way way cheaper. mind u it has taken two yrs to land a job. i bit the bullit last summer (because it was either that or que up at the dole office ) to get a type at united airlines...approx $7000 including hotel accomidation. you just cant beat it. hope this helps.

DeltaT
13th Dec 2005, 10:44
yup, no time on the real type, but time in the sim, ...no bites

ricky-godf
13th Dec 2005, 11:26
I guess it mainly depends where you do your TR course, some companies will reccomend you to the airlines, other training provider will not, so everything would be much harder with no actual experience on the type.

Aletto
13th Dec 2005, 11:47
hi all
i've have a jar cpl\ir atpl frozen and i would like to get a type rating on airbus 320 family or b 737. Anyone knows some airline companies in europe where can i do the type rating?

corklad
13th Dec 2005, 13:04
i would stress to everyone here to get at LEAST 500hrs total time (700-800) would be better! you can get cheap hrs in the states or south africa and faster than at home. then get your type rating. a type rating with 200hrs is really stretching it. companies cannot cover insurance policies with a 200tt. pilot no matter how good they are. unless you are one of the lucky few from oxford you will struggle with 200TT. good luck and keep the faith!