PDA

View Full Version : what about the BB609

d-driver
23rd Feb 1999, 14:54
Does anyone have any info on who's going to start using tiltrotors, and what quals they will be looking for????. Cheers in advance.

FlatSpin
24th Feb 1999, 18:29
I heard a rumour (but that's all it is)
that Bristow are interested in the Bell
V22 Osprey but its unfounded.

Serious piece of kit!

eden
25th Feb 1999, 15:02
Tiltrotor!? It is certainly going to play havoc with the charter helo and Regional fixed wing world. If Bristows are interested, they're obviously thinking of a shift in their core trade. Oil!! isn't the place to be investing in right now and I suspect contracts in this area will dwindle. Don't take my word for it but watch this space.
I'd love to fly the beast tho' - it'll be a big military thing I suspect especially in the early days.

cjsteeb
26th Feb 1999, 06:54
At $10 Million U.S. a piece for the 609 and more than double that for the V-22 I find it hard to believe that many civil operators will be supplementing their fleets with many of these tilt-rotors. Don't get me wrong I'd love to fly one, but PHi certainly isn't going to get a 609 just to be the first on the block. These days, North Sea or Gulf of Mexico, aircraft purchases are very customer driven.

maxvne
1st Mar 1999, 05:01
Bristows are going to get some tiltrotors but are interested in using them for SAR and also going futher north into the Atlantic ocean where the Pumas cant reach.
Also the Helibus looks like the machine of the future,well on the north sea anyway.
CHC are buying 10 of the 609's apparently and giving British International 5 of them,for what contracts I do not know,anyone got any info?