PDA

View Full Version : Question for C.A.A UK gurou!

Boeing737jock
10th Dec 2005, 17:38
Hi Mate

I am writing the South Africain Air Law!

this some question that i am not sure of the answer

1- With regard to VOR what is meant by Protection And Range?

2- In what circumstance may an aircraft fly after being repaired but for which a certificate of compliance has not been issued?

3-What are the rules regarding passengers and crew members who have taken alcoholic drink being carried in an aircraft?

4-Define the term Cloud Ceiling when used in connection with air transport?

I am not from UK but Canadian we have different rule i guess!

thank you for your help

cheers

jock

Genghis the Engineer
10th Dec 2005, 17:45
(3) crew: max 20%mg and must not have taken an alcoholic drink for 8 hours before flight.

pax? must not board an aircraft whilst drunk, nor become drunk whilst on the aircraft. [Drunk is not defined].

G

Boeing737jock
11th Dec 2005, 07:21
Thank you

3- to go!

jock

Farmer 1
11th Dec 2005, 08:48
4 - Cloud Ceiling: the height at which at least 50% of the sky is obscured by cloud.

Not the right wording, but the meaning is there. It is used for defining part of the minima for an alternate aerodrome.

arrow208
11th Dec 2005, 15:08
4. "The height off the lowest base off cloud below 20 000ft covering more that half the sky"

2. Might be wrong on this one! As far as I know you can’t fly any aircraft that has not been signed out by a qualified aircraft engineer…..and this is where I might be wrong….. except with prior written permission from the commissioner.

hope this helps!

Boeing737jock
12th Dec 2005, 07:17
Thank you all for your answers,

i think at number 2- a flight test only! make any sense?

only need number 1!

the winner get a free beer at HIGH FLYER!

cheers

jock

cavortingcheetah
12th Dec 2005, 07:35
:hmm:

Without donning miner's clothing and instigating a rape of my cellar to get at my cobwebbed notes:

With regard to VORs.

Is not the promulgated range the nautical mile distance around a VOR station within which it's signals are guarenteed to be free from interference from another radio aid?

Is not the range a distance published within which the radio stations from a VOR station may legally be used for navigation purposes?

I think that a VOR must be calibrated on a fairly regular basis and these figures, especially the last, can change, especially if the power of the VOR is downgraded.

Hope that helps but I may be out of my promulgated range here.:O