PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer error messages

261A
10th Dec 2005, 13:09
I keep getting these error messages alternately on different websites.
I can't access hotmail on IE so I use Opera now AND even on Opera it sometimes comes up with error messages.

The message I always get on IE is this:

In a little window the exact script is:

'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell microsoft about this problem.

We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Internet Explorer. We will treat this report as confidential and annonymous.

To see what the error report contains click here - (a link).'

Then I get the option to send error report or don't send to which I always select send error report and the browser closes down.

I have done a virus check and nothing has shown up and spyware so confused.

BRL
10th Dec 2005, 14:27
Hi there. Have a look at what the error report comes back with. It is usually a driver problem and the result will tell you this, it is quite handy sometimes to know exactly what the problem is.

If it is happening with opera and IE then I bet it is a driver causing grief. Make sure all your drivers are updated too, you can get a programme that will do this for you.

BOAC
10th Dec 2005, 15:21
261A - you really need to give more info! Operating system amd IE version would help! Have you tried to 'repair' ie?

261A
10th Dec 2005, 21:34
How do I update my drivers?!

I always send the error report but NOTHING is ever sent back to me from anyone so have no idea.

I am using Windows XP on a 6 - 9 month old computer.
Version of IE: 6.0

Thanks for the replies so far really appreciated.

BRL
10th Dec 2005, 21:54
Hi there, will keep this brief, just off to work now.

Click on send error report when it comes up. Make sure you have IE running or restart it quick if it has crashed. It will open a web page for you(doesn't work with opera, just IE) and that will contain a report what the problem is. There you can see what is going on and do something about it, i.e. update the driver that is causing you bother.

As for updating drivers, you can get a tool to download that will look at all of yours and say which ones need doing.

gotta go, maybe someone will add more to this, good luck.

261A
11th Dec 2005, 18:48
I am still no nearer to solving this problem.
Where can I get these drivers from?

BRL
11th Dec 2005, 22:42
Hi there. Have a look at this site: PCPitstop (http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/) and click on the key to run the full test. See what it says at the end and take it from there...

261A
23rd Dec 2005, 12:37
I have still got these error messages and it has not helped going onto pitstop PC.

It happens on all internet browsers: IE, Opera and firefox.
I go onto google and if I click on one of the images if I did an image search then it will display the error report and then will close the window so I do not know what to do.

I know it is possible to clear the whole C drive by doing something, I have done this before but can't remember how to do this.
It cleared all the files and cleared everything out of the whole computer so this may work again but I do not know how I did it so does someone know what it is called so I can look it up in my manual for my computer.

BOAC
23rd Dec 2005, 13:38
Have a read of this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810887/en-us) - what was your error message when you clicked on the link?