PDA

View Full Version : Is SAS a low-cost carrier?

Bus429
9th Dec 2005, 14:14
They certainly act like one but still charge mainstream fares.
It's a year since I last flew with SAS and I was appalled at the standard of seating and (non-existent) cabin service.
I was seated in the middle row of a convertible economy/economy flex/business seat (in economy). The seat was very narrow and uncomfortable. Even the seats either side seemed narrow.
One now has to pay for food onboard, and, as you would expect, prices are exhorbitant. Few passengers took up the offer.
The only happy people onbard appeared to be the cabin crew; their non-safety related workload was very low!

Avman
9th Dec 2005, 15:26
Was this an international, intra-Scandinavian or domestic sector? What was the sector length? For sure they have down graded their service to what it once was, but so have many other so-called full service airlines. I do recall though that even in the great days of SAS service one didn't get much on a CPH-ARN sector.

Bus429
9th Dec 2005, 15:39
MAN-ARN-HEL. No real problem with the lack of catering - just the cost of onboard sales - but the seating was awful.

Curious Pax
9th Dec 2005, 15:59
Don't know about your specific flight, but SAS have some aircraft configured for international ops, an some for domestic. However some international flights reguarly get domestic aircraft for some reason, and MAN-ARN is one of them. Tell me your date of travel and I can tell you whether that was the case for you or not.

Padowan Learner
10th Dec 2005, 14:07
Agree with the above poster. Recently flew a couple of domestic legs onboard SAS and SAS Braathens metal. Seat pitch very much akin to that found on a charter airline. I quite often fly internationally with SAS, and the seat pitch is very much on the comfortable side, offering more space than other majors such as BA, LH and AF. That is onboard the MDs and 737NGs, don't get me started on those horrific Q400s!

My guess is you flew with an aeroplane with domestic seating, which is of course not on for a MAN-ARN flight!

Try writing Mr. Lindegaard; his email is surprisingly easy to figure out. Just remember it's @sas.se

Bus429
11th Dec 2005, 07:43
MAN-ARN and ARN-HEL both 737-600 or 700. Seats 5B and 21C respectively.