PDA

View Full Version : Approaching the 30

dboy
9th Dec 2005, 13:38
Hello everybody,

In a few months time i'll become 30 years old and; yes i'm sad about it. I've completed my whole atpl and i'm looking since March 2005 for a job without any result, so far. So 2006 i have to find a job if not, well, i might consider te quit. It is perhaps very strange but i feel "old" and i think my chances are almost nihil.
So i want to hear the opinions of the people who are/were in the same situation. How did you deal with this problem? Did you also quit flying or not?
Any comments of the same aged or older people are welcome!!

dboy

Sans Anoraque
9th Dec 2005, 14:05
I believe Mr Fyne got his first jet job at around 37.

No, you are not too old (although being Belgian may be a problem
;) )

When you say you can't get a job, do you just mean RHS on a shiny big jet or do you also mean, instructing, air-taxi, turboprops, bush flying, etc, etc?

PS I do have some sympathy with turning 30, I hated it, but trust me, you are not yet, in any way, old.

What's a Girdler
9th Dec 2005, 14:15
Yeah I'd give up mate!!

One less!!:cool:

YYZ
9th Dec 2005, 16:04
I'm 32 soon & I feel great!
I have completed all my training and got a Jump Pilot job, not great but hours all the same!

Grab anything and don't be disheartened with the huge amount of PFO letters you will of received?

Remember "PMA"! Positive mental attitude, people can tell in any situation, especially interviews if you are p!ssed off about everything and this will lower your chances of getting any further!

Good Luck
YYZ

Megaton
9th Dec 2005, 18:33
Got first job on TPs at 38 with 400 hrs. Got second job on AIrbus at 38.5 years old with 900 hrs!

Piltdown Man
11th Dec 2005, 21:20
I didn't start training until I was 34. But didn't get a job for two years after I qualified though.

Wodka
12th Dec 2005, 09:48
You make your own luck mate - get out there and network!

zoulou
12th Dec 2005, 10:34
Where in Belgium did you do your ATPL and your training?