PDA

View Full Version : Turkmenistan Airlines

Aksai Oiler
9th Dec 2005, 12:21
Having to dash to Ashgabat next week to meet a client - any ideas what I can expect from Turkmenistan Airlines - should be flying from DME ?

regards

Oiler

Boss Raptor
11th Dec 2005, 17:24
Relatively new equipment bought direct from Boeing B737-300's (400's?) and B717, usually B737 does DME - is a toy company of the President apparently - never flown on them or know anyone who has so cant comment further

super aviator
11th Dec 2005, 17:52
Used to check them in at LHR bout 5-6 years ago!!!

Ashgabat - LHR - Ashgabat used to ops on B757

Mainly ran on time from what i can remember, and upon putting the jetty on most pax had their shoes off and dude...... what a bad smell.............thats all i can remember really!

Wasnt as bad as Biman Bangladesh though ............ you should be ok, will be different to BA though.........enjoy :ok:

SomewhereOverHere
3rd Jan 2006, 17:22
Might be a bit late but anyway - flown on them a few times, DME-ASB, ASB-AUH and LHR-ASB, mostly C class. Relatively new aircraft but getting a bit tatty. Fairly basic service, meal was edible but nothing special, crew going through the motions but no real enthusiasm. My main memory is that the IFE is Russian MTV pop videos, but no headphones - it is played directly in the cabin, so you have to listen to it!

Good luck.