PDA

View Full Version : Cadetship Eligibility

Bazoots
9th Dec 2005, 02:16
Hi all,

I'm here because I want to meet a few people who are either applying or have been through the Cathay Pacific Cadetship program. Like all other applicants I'm full of questions.

I immigrated with my family to NZ many years ago and I dont have a Hong Kong ID Card but because I was born there, have Chinese parents and lived there for 8 years I have right of abode. Does anyone out there know what the rules at Cathay are regarding that? At the end of the day all this determines is when I can send in my application. If I have to get an ID card then I will fly back in the New Year and do so.

To all the people who have made the first stage can you give me some idea of what your backgrounds are. ie do you have previous flight experience or whether you are going into this blind but have a degree. If you have a degree what kind of degree do you have and how good were your marks?

I have a degree but pissed round in the first year and found out soon that it was a bad idea. So I took 4 years to do a 3 year degree. My transcript aint that bad if you ignore the first year. Just wondering whether that will break the camels back.

Any help / comments from anyone would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you people and to all those going through the process good luck!!

Xsian

Just a note on this have found from HK Immigration that I will need to remain in HK for 2 months while they process my right of abode so anyone with any ideas on jobs or even better a hook up would be greatly appreciated. Teaching english would be prefered but since I dont look foreign (ie white) that may not be possible. To be honest I would do anything just about.

Koyo
9th Dec 2005, 07:44
This is a tough one. I suggest you get in touch with HK Immigration Dept to have this issue resolve. From far as I know, the only way they would know if you can live or born in HK is with your birth certificate and HK ID number. Assuming your parents still have your HK birth certificate, I guess you can still be issued a HK ID card. Otherwise, you pretty much have no leg to stand on.

K3nnyboy
12th Dec 2005, 01:20
You pissed around during your 1st yr of Uni?? mate...dont worry man, you'd be fine....taking the fact that I was pissing around my high school time, not having a degree, not having any experience...they still offered me an interview...even tho I failed, but at least i had a chance.

Bazoots
12th Dec 2005, 18:41
Cheers for the reply lads. Yeah I still have my HK birth cert and am planning to return to HK in the New Year to sort it out. Also thanks for giving me a bit of an idea so at least I know I have a chance of getting through the first stage so getting me ID card aint gunna be a wasted exercise.