PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Charter Brokers - Potential Earnings?

leonbrumsack
8th Dec 2005, 23:42
Would anybody here have any idea of potential earnings when starting out as a broker from executive/corporate aircraft with one of the larger firms such as Air Partner or International Air Charter, based in the UK (London more specifically)? Also the pros and cons of such a job would be appreciated for a potentially interested newbie!
Many thanks! :)

Red Eye
12th Dec 2005, 14:40
Hi there,

A while back I used to work for one of the "larger firms" and still know quite a few people in the broking world so can give you a few bits of advice.

Pay sounds like it's generally quite poor for newbies in the larger brokers and only really gets to a decent level when you're quite high up the chain. Commission levels aren't great either. It seems to vary a lot between the companies so I can't really say what you should expect.

If I were you I'd try Chapman Freeborne or Air Charter Service first as they seem to be the two companies on the up with decent pay and by the sounds of things the better places to work.

In terms of the job it's a strange one. Executive broking is the way to go as the companies want to sell you their aircraft, so you're treated well. In Commercial aircraft broking you're sometimes treated like a pain, almost a waste of time by some of the airlines. Generally you can make more money in the executive world too.
Also remember you are the middle man so you're always on the phone looking for aircraft or surfing various websites for aircraft. You'll be chasing to get that good solution at a good price, so when you do it can be very statisfying.