PDA

View Full Version : An-12, anyone?

Ultranomad
7th Dec 2005, 20:11
Hi everyone... I've been invited to join a small cargo company operating a couple of An-12's. I know what this thing is about, I am from Russia myself, but here is the issue: we'll need to train some non-Russian-speaking pilots (and maybe technicians, too), but we don't have any English documentation, and translating it from Russian will take several months of intense work and/or lots of money. Does anyone here have any An-12 documentation in English they'd be willing to part with (or copy) under reasonable arrangements?
(Sorry for cross-posting to two forums - it's just because India and Africa are most likely hiding places for An-12 ;-)

captain cumulonimbus
7th Dec 2005, 21:50
have you tried one of the larger operators of the An-12 like Volga Dnepr or even some of the Bulgarian operators? (look up contact info in JP Fleets or similar).I'm sure that being more 'westernised' airlines,they might well have documentation in English.Alternatively,this is just a flyer,try Antonov itself,or ADB?i'm sure they have translated literature.

Good luck.Cb

napoleon
24th Dec 2005, 06:27
Send me a PM and I may be able to help for some Rubles