View Full Version : Stay or go

kyler432
7th Dec 2005, 19:53
I am currently flying as FO for a regional in a light Med Turbo Prop. I will have the option of moving to the jet soon. It will probably be at least another year before I can move to the left seat. I have been offered a job by a friend to fly a light turbo prop for his company. I would be getting the PIC time. I am just curious if it would be better to stay with the regional, or go on over to the corprate so I can start getting the PIC time quicker? I am pretty sure it would be single pilot.

Hahn
9th Dec 2005, 21:21
I would hop on the jet, mate!

atyourcervix73
10th Dec 2005, 10:21
Jet time=more marketable..more pay, more opportunities down the line, the flipside is corporate T/prop, you get variety its fun etc etc....:O

Strepsils
10th Dec 2005, 14:05
so I can start getting the PIC time quicker?

Start getting PIC time for what? A jet command? Is getting PIC time on the T/P going to get you a jet command in less than a year? I'd think not, you'd be mad to leave a jet airline job. Just have some patience!;)

captplaystation
10th Dec 2005, 15:01
Depends what you want & in what timescale.If long term plan is an airline jet command , stay where you are;single crew turbine time will certainly raise your experience (and on occasion adrenalin) level, but most airlines are much more impressed by multi-crew shiny jet time.