PDA

View Full Version : Converting licence austrailian to brit

Jim Mcguire
22nd Jan 1999, 07:17
I currently hold an Australian CPLH. I am very interested in moving back to scotland, however, because i now live and work in australia and was not involved in aviation before i moved here- i would'nt have a clue how to covert my oz licence to a brit one. Can anyone help?? Whats the job market like. do you have to be a rocket scientist to pass selection?? Money? Sponsorship for conversion?? If anyone can help please contact this expat jock
thank you
Jimmy Mcguire

HHoverer
30th Jan 1999, 08:58
Hi mate or Mac...I went through the exercise some years back and it went something like this..
First see the CAA at Gatwick and have your licence/experience assessed. you pay around 100Sterling for the pleasure.Have a CAA medical for around the same price.
The CAA should OK your licence provided your new employer gives the required IFR checks etc and you sit a few minor (!) exams like ATC, systems ect.
Go to Aberdeen where you will be welcomed with open arms.Maybe.
Good luck HH

Jim Mcguire
30th Jan 1999, 10:22
Thank you for that info. hhover. Ill need to save my meager pay and then it's back to sunny Scotland for this one
again thank's
Cheers
JimmyMcguire

Skycop
30th Jan 1999, 15:03
You will need to pass UK air law. At present you do not necessarily have to have an instrument rating with a UK CPLH but this may change under JAR regs about to be into'd soon. Contact CAA for more info to avoid any problems due to out of date info.