PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Agent in France?

fly_guy100
6th Dec 2005, 22:29
I'm a high school student right now in the US and I will be graduating in about 2 and a half years and I'm planning to move to France right after high school so I could gain fluency in French (2nd year right now) and just to live abroad, especially in France which is a dream come true. If and when I move to Paris, I'm planning to be a ticket agent for any airline that serves at CDG.

My questions and concerns are:

1) Can I get a workers permit to live and work in France for a few years (around 3) to do that kind of profession?

2) How difficult is it to obtain a workers permit?

3) Does the check-in agent job pay decent in France? Enough to have a small apartment in the city of Paris?

4) What airlines usually hire quite frequently for check-in agents?
Does American and United Airlines hire frequently?

5) In general, what's it like to be an agent for Air France?

Thanks everyone and I would really appreciate your help so I can make the dream come true! My French teacher says this is a good plan for me! Bon voyage!

fly_guy100
7th Dec 2005, 23:49
Anyone knooooow? :sad:

eaglejet
8th Dec 2005, 02:45
unfortunately working in France for a Yankee is as hard as for a french guy to work in america: you need to have the right to work in France or EU. You will get it by getting married or being sponsored by a company. From what i know airlines don't sponsor foreigners but hire local people.
You should get in touch with the US airlines operating in CDG and check with them.