PDA

View Full Version : North Sea News?

Retreating Blade Stall
10th Jan 1999, 20:46
Hullo folks,
being retired, I like to know how my old mates in Bristow's, Bonds and B.I.H are doing.
What's the latest news? Who has won/lost what contracts? Has poor old embattled B.I.H. got the skids under it still? Are there any new helicopter pilots comimg into the business? Is there any good/bad news to tell me?
Good luck to one and all,
RTB

pitchlink
12th Jan 1999, 02:11
RBS,
I don't know how long you have been out of the loop, but it sounds like you are fairly current on the present situation!! BIH are still going, but I believe only just! Bristows seem to be doing OK at the present time but have contracts up for grabs this year. I hope this does not give BIH another opportunity to dump rates at a time when they are starting to climb! Bond seem to be on the up having just secured all the BP work out of Aberdeen and the purchase of 2 Puma L2s. I believe other companies are also interested in the L2. As a result I believe Bond is presently looking for pilots in Aberdeen!
As you will know this is the picture for now, but things may well change by the time I wake up tomorrow! Two more oil companies may well have become one and the whole tendering process egins again!!!

Retreating Blade Stall
13th Jan 1999, 23:24
Pitchlink,
thank you very much for your reply.
The North Sea Helicopter Operators Scene seems to be in as great a flux as ever, though it would appear that Bonds may be on a bit of an up. I don't know anything about the Puma L2. What's it got that the previous one hadn't?
If you've got the time to tell me, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers,
RBS