PDA

View Full Version : Fuel situation in Zim????

VarigMD11
6th Dec 2005, 15:51
Hi guys

I am to fly to Malawi via Zimbabwe in about 2 weeks time, and having followed the situation regarding the lack of fuel in Harare, I was just wondering what Air Zims policy is if flights are no-go. Do they lock you up in a hotel until further notice, or do they strive to accomodate you on another flight with another carrier??

regards

boyracer
6th Dec 2005, 16:13
You should be ok if you are paxing but be prepared for anything ie delays , cancelled flights high taxes and lots of coruption if you are the pilot make sure there is gas and take lots of cash US Dollar for bribes.If you can try to avoid zim altogrther you can fly to Malawi via South Africa a much better option. probably a lot cheeper too. hope this helps a little and good luck.

Coleman Myers
8th Dec 2005, 04:27
VARIG, if you were going SAA and then AIR MALAWI you would be fine. If you can avoid Zim do it becuase UM are so unreliable. One thing I will say is that in my many visits Harare (last one a few weeks ago), I have never had to pay a bribe once (except to a cop who caught me speeding and did'nt give me a receipt, so that is not really bribery but "absent-mindedness").

As long as you have never been in the British Army, your surname is'nt Blair and you smile and go about your business you will be fine. Harare is still ten times nicer than anything above LUSAKA.

Also DO NOT CHANGE MONEY AT THE BANK OR USE A CREDIT CARD

Ciao