PDA

View Full Version : FlyGlobespan...Recruit Long haul Cabin Crew

captaintrigger
6th Dec 2005, 14:37
Hi All,

GSM announced on website yesterday that it is looking for long and short haul cabin crew including IN-Flight Managers , Pursers and main crew.

Apply Now on their website.......its a fab airline to work for and the pay is pretty good too!!!!

Good Luck all!

CT

A300Man-2005
7th Dec 2005, 08:05
Trigger

Are they planning to use DC-10's or 767's for their long haul ops? (Or another type altogether?)

I hope they manage to keep their profile and reputation high by using new equipment, and not lapsing into the hangar mode with old planes.

A300Man

Man Flex
7th Dec 2005, 09:01
Boeing 777s.

And no I'm not joking.

A300Man-2005
7th Dec 2005, 09:08
:oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh:

Bejeezus!

Re-Heat
7th Dec 2005, 10:10
From website:

Cabin crew with flyglobespan - longhaul and shorthaul
We are widening our horizons and from summer 2006 we're heading over the Atlantic. So we need you to come and help us look after our customers in all three cabins of our newly acquired Boeing 767s. We are looking for long haul experienced in-flight managers, cabin supervisors, main crew and people new to the job.

We need you to be, at the very least, 21 years of age. We're particularly enthusiastic about people who have considerable experience of life and hard work and so can deal with all types of people in all situations. If you haven't yet experienced the joys and challenges of working as cabin crew this could be the chance of your lifetime.

You will be smilingly mature in outlook, extremely presentable in uniform and very fit - flying can take its toll. It's not a difficult job but it is very demanding - on you and your life style.

You will have the patience and urgency that comes with experience of customer service delivery to a high standard. Then, together with the great in-flight product we'll be offering, you'll be able to knock the flight-socks off our customers over the Pond next summer. Or perhaps dashing around the skies of Europe is your forte - where impressing our valued clientele on our young fleet of 737s is equally important but you've less time to do it.

If you join us you will need full access to the web and e-mail for our communications channels (we already accept only the downloadable e-application form for recruitment) and be telephone contactable

captaintrigger
7th Dec 2005, 16:20
Its the 767-300 ER which is being used!!!
A very Nice Aircraft with 3 Cabin Classes!

ManFlex....where did you get the 777 inf From?????

CT

A310GUY
7th Dec 2005, 16:34
Rumour has it that Transat (travel group based in Canada) will announce shortly that it is acquiring Globespan. Management have been telling Air Transat employees that an acquisition by the Group is going to result in the doubling of Transat Group UK - Canada traffic next summer and that Globespan is the candidate. Transat typically purchases a large percentage of an operation with options to attain the remaining shares after a test period (usually about 1-2 years). As long as Globespan employees are flexible and able to go along with Transat Group business ideas then you people are probably in for a big expansion. Transat is looking to expand into the U.S. with more services and you may find yourselves being the European vehicle for the job. They tried this with Star Airlines in France but it didn't work out and they sold off Star last year. Fussy Star employees and complex labour laws in France put the screws to the deal.

SandLat650
7th Dec 2005, 19:40
A310GUY

Er, where did you hear that rubbish? Globespan is not a public company - it's owned by Tom Dalrymple, not by shareholders and certainly not by the employees! Globespan have a contract with Air Transat to ferry hundreds of people into Canada every week. They might love to get a slice of the action and yes, if they made Mr Dalrymple a good enough offer, who knows. But as to buying a large stake and pouncing later......sorry, that's cr@p.

Nothing personal.

Regards

SandLat650

A310GUY
8th Dec 2005, 01:25
SandLat650

No offense taken. I am just passing forth what is a strong rumour. I believe this is a rumour and news forum.
I didn't mean to suggest that the employees are shareholders. My comments about employee flexibility was in reference to Transats disappointing experience with Star and their people and that if Globespan employees are able to go along with Transat changes and methods (if they acquire Globespan) then good things will probably come to them.
By the way - Everything is for sale. Transat group is cash rich and is being pressured by a holder of a large block of shares to either pay back some $$ to the shareholders or do something with it.
There is an acquisition being worked on. I personally thought that they were going to go for something a bit bigger than Globespan....so wait and see.

SandLat650
8th Dec 2005, 06:38
Well, every man has his price; I'm sure if they made him the right offer he might be tempted. But then again it's his baby and he's on a bit of a roll at the moment.

Whatever happens, the employees will be the last to hear!!!

Regards

NG708
8th Dec 2005, 15:47
Too true! Also not entirely out of the question if Transat make him a good enough offer.

However things seem to be running well so why would Globespan want to sell out?

THOMAS DUCK
8th Dec 2005, 16:00
Not sure if this is related and I would hate to burst anybodys bubble!
I spoke to one of the agencies today and they are looking for 757 f/o's with ETOPS experience to be based at Glasgow from next March....coincidence?
OMG just realised, maybe I am just about to apply for my own job!!! (see Thomas Cook thread re contract pilots on temporaries))

The Grim Reaper
8th Dec 2005, 22:57
A little bird told me that Mr D has been discussing selling 49% of the Globespan group (not including the airline bit) to Transat.
This will give him some capital to put into growth of the airline and give Transat access to the european market.

Sticking point is that Transat want to have a clause preventing flyglobespan from competing on the Canadian routes.

Just a hearsay, of course :ok: