PDA

View Full Version : 5y-srd Airborne ?

Coleman Myers
6th Dec 2005, 13:47
JL did I hear the old movie star in the air today ?. Where are you now ?. If so good to have the old flying banana back in action !.

Ingwe
6th Dec 2005, 15:11
Glad to hear!! Used to fly her a few years ago. Is 5y-sre still around?

Coleman Myers
7th Dec 2005, 06:18
Ingwe,

5Y-SRE is still at Wilson, parked by the UCHUMI 04. I believe she will be flying by the end of 2006 if all goes to plan although where she will operate and on what register is being closely guarded by the "inner-circle".

I heard 5Y-SRK en-route to JKI today too - its lkike the old days around here.Should be interesting to see SRD in UN colours when the movie comes out.

JL text me when you get in. Have something here for you.

7th Dec 2005, 09:50
Saw "The Constant Gardener" last night. That Buffalo looks damn good in the all white livery! Some nice flying scenes in the flick.

Coleman Myers
7th Dec 2005, 14:12
I am told the coat of white came off in seconds after the movie was completed. Less can be said of the speed at which every man on set tried to get Rachels Weiss kit off (and failed) !. She looks great in white but nothing beats the old butter yellow - I am sure that can't last if contracts are planned.

Ingwe
7th Dec 2005, 14:22
She's been that colour for so many years and on so many different contracts throughout Africa it would be a shame to change it. She'd loose her uniqueness!!

Coleman Myers
20th Dec 2005, 13:47
Saw 5Y-SRD was in K50 Tuesday, with ICRC callsign and colours ... good to have her back at work. I am sure the locals loved her !.

bushbolox
21st Dec 2005, 18:42
Is there a link to that flick.

21st Dec 2005, 20:17
The Constant Gardener (http://www.theconstantgardener.com/main_site.html)