PDA

View Full Version : Self-Induced Weather

Hover
22nd Dec 1998, 21:02
I've been flying helos in cold climes for more than a decade, but I just noticed something cool; in very cold temps, I flew twenty minutes out, picked up, and on the trip back in, there was a tubular shaped cloud along my previous flightpath straight back to my departure point, with light snow falling out of it. Once again, early the other morning, we flew just below the cloud base, on the return leg, there was a perfectly defined line of snow falling along my previous leg, at first it was difficult to tell where this weather had come from as it was still dark, and we hadn't encountered anything prior, untill we got out to the side of it and it started to brighten up abit. Maybe I've just never noticed it before because most of the legs I flew where significantly longer, not just out and back like I now do. Has anybody else seen this?
I've heard rumours some years back of a 212 whiting out and rolling from self-induced fog.

Scooby Doo
29th Dec 1998, 18:42
Testing...

VTOSS
30th Dec 1998, 05:20
I have seen the S64 create its own fog while logging in BC, starts off the tips and spirals down and away in the downwash - very cool, we have created our own fog with the 212 - has to be just the perfect conditions.

MaxNr
31st Dec 1998, 03:00
Hey VTOSS...Not quite in line with this thread, but I saw your interest in the ATPL(H) exam in another forum. I sat them last April and did the Aerocourse Seminar to boot. If you want anymore info` or I can help in any way drop me a line at [email protected] all...we both work for the same company....buy the way, heard any rumours about the MOH contract???

VTOSS
31st Dec 1998, 05:41
Tell me more about this seminar that you went on, was it worth it ??
I have Culhane's book, one of the guys here just wrote not too long ago using that,said the book was good but didnt cover everything that he wanted.
We have heard a rumor that the contract has been delayed to March (big surprise) have you guys heard anything ?

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

I tried to email you but for some reason it didnt go through - drop me a email at my address in the profile