PDA

View Full Version : Swiss

CitationTen
6th Dec 2005, 02:30
Good day,

Can anyone tell me the situation with Swiss (International Airlines) in regards to their current pilot recruitment status (and forecast). I'm currently flying for an airline overseas (I was born in Switzerland and am Swiss), and want to very much move back to my home country. Every time I email or try to contact Swiss, they tell me they have no positions open and to wait.

One of my current type ratings is on the ERJ-145 (am in line for left seat upgrade this coming year, 2006), which Swiss even flies. Would anyone be able to provide a name, email, or address as to where I can send an application (or all of the above)? Thank you VERY much for any insight.

Cheers

jmc1980
6th Dec 2005, 10:11
Unfortunately Swiss seems to be wanting to get rid of its ERJ fleet:(

This airline is an absolute mess finance-wise.

Try easyJet, they have bases in both Geneva and Basle...

hb-het
13th Dec 2005, 20:06
SWISS has been splitted in 2 societes a european network called SWISS European Air Lines (the first flight was on the 1 november 2005) and and the other flights will be made under under the normal SWISS. The European Air Lines is flying 18 Avro RJ 85/100 and will only fly 24 Avro RJ 85/100 starting from the summer timetable 2006... They are actually firing a lot of pilots from the ex-Saab 2000 fleet and some from the ERJ..... So :(