PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Policy Question

PLATO_Y2K
5th Dec 2005, 12:51
Howzit Guys,

Right firstly, I appologise if this is in the wrong section of the forums, I could not find one that exactly fitted what I wanted to ask. I am a second year student at salford doing Aircraft Eng + Pilot Studies. I have been set an assignment to write a report on the differences and simliarities on fuel policies between the European and American governing bodies of aviation.
Now obviously the american body is the FAA and the information on this is available in the FAR's, which I have. My question is with regard to the European governing body. I have the fuel policy from JAR-OPS 1, however my question is has this been superseeded by a new policy by EASA? I am very confused on the whole subject and was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this question, or at least point me in the correct direction. I know that EASA have taken over some aspects of the rulemaking, but again unclear on the whole subject. I found the website less than informative when trying to solve the problem myself. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Plato

(pls excuse any spelling mistakes, never my strong point!:) )