PDA

View Full Version : BACX timescales

Desk-pilot
5th Dec 2005, 12:20
Anyone know what the situation is with BACX - they seem to be hiring by referral from approved schools but what are the lead times involved i.e. how long before you're called for selection after referral? How long after that for sim ride and how long are people being left in the hold pool?

Appreciate any info.

Tx

desk-pilot

Stpaul
5th Dec 2005, 14:05
This is very much old ground. If you do a search in this section(third page in) you will find a posting 'Citiexpress Recruitment'with about 15 pages dedicated to them.

Or alternatively you can always pick up the phone and ring them, they are very nice people and will do their best to answer your questions. This is the preferred method as you get the truth rather than rumour!

carbonfibre
5th Dec 2005, 16:34
So does anyone have a contact name and number?!!

Stpaul
5th Dec 2005, 19:10
Can some people not do anything for themselves...... and you want to be an airline pilot responsible for other peoples lives!!

I'll tell you what i'll ring them for you, i'll do your interview and sim check if you want too!

dlav
5th Dec 2005, 19:26
it was only a question dude. Heaven forbid you might actually try and be abit helpful. hes only asked for a phone number!

Fancy doing my interview too?

unimuts
6th Dec 2005, 08:13
dlav I agree with you,

Stpaul how about a little crm and helping each other out, and how about chilling out. Like dlav wrote it was only a question.

Unimuts

Stpaul
6th Dec 2005, 10:49
It may only be a question, but more importantly it demonstrates someones work ethic. In this case someone would rather sit on their lazy arse and ask someone else, rather than look it up for themselves (which would be quicker)....and you English call us French lazy!

You can give a man a fish and it feeds him for a day, you can teach a man to fish and it feeds him for a lifetime!

General Dread
7th Dec 2005, 09:57
Stpaul,

Without going into too many details. "you French" are not in any position to lecture "us Brits" about anything.

fishtits
7th Dec 2005, 11:47
You can give a man a fish and it feeds him for a day, you can teach a man to fish and it feeds him for a lifetime!

You have however, missed out on a potentially excellent business opportunity :E :cool:

six-sixty
7th Dec 2005, 12:15
Or how about giving a man a field... then paying him vast sums of EU cash so it doesn't feed ANYONE? ;)

carbonfibre
7th Dec 2005, 18:28
Stpaul

Sorry you feel this way, I was asking for a phone number just in case someone had already got this, Im more than happy to share any contacts I have, I think that was covered in your MCC or CRM whichever course you choose, its called communication, no matter how you look at it this is all it was, finding a solution to a problem is called using your innitiative.

This website and especially this page is to help wannabees out in there future profession, while I shall be civil to you I will endeavour to answer your questions:

1. I would not want you to complete my interview, I would not get to the sim ride with that attitude

2. If you managed to bluff your way to the sim ride your poor communication and CRM skills would blow my chance

Hope that helps

Many thanks to all else who replied

Good luck everyone

:ok:

Stpaul
7th Dec 2005, 21:20
Carbon fibre, I will not get involved in this petty childish discussion anymore, except to say I was simply giving my opinion that in my book, i like to see people show some initiative. This is also true of interviewers. Who are you going to ask at FL350 over the atlantic when things go belly up! Who are you going to ask when your captain has a heart attack,perhaps you could post a mailing on this site.

There seems to be a trend running through this whole site of people who would rather ask a rumour web site a simple question than phone up an airline or do some simple research themselves. Perhaps it is a fault of the modern society that children like to be spoon fed information. It is hardly initiative, rather that of being lazy.
Finally I can tell you all about the interview and the sim check at bacx, which were sucessful. Good luck.

NB; Anyone got the number of Homebase, I need a Christmas tree!

unimuts
8th Dec 2005, 10:48
Well well well,

To answer your question St paul, here is the number of the requested superstore, and your in luck too, as there is a 50 % discount on decorations.

Telephone 0845 077 8888

Lines are open: Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm

should you wish to use the web you can do so by
http://www.homebase.co.uk

Carbon fibre, I will not get involved in this petty childish discussion anymore, except to say I was simply giving my opinion that in my book,

Well at 350 Who are you going to ask at FL350 over the atlantic when things go belly up!

You will not get involved ! and then you do. Call it childish and petty ! with an attitude like yours, chopping and changing your mind , YOU ST Paul, are the person i would not like to be with at FL350 when things go belly up.

Communication is the Key and everyone has so far tried to help and guide you to see this. But you are so blind to the point i wonder if you understand the concept of CRM MCC. Or is this the french why of teaching MCC ?

It is ALWAYS better to ask questions than sit there in ignorance, well done Carbonfibre. PPRUNE is here to ask questions and encourage everyone. YOU St paul encourage no one,

ST Paul, like to refresh your memory a little,on a matter of 100 Years of Entente cordiale, an agreement between France and Britain which greatly improved relations between the two countries.

In keeping with Carbonfibre,

What is it with the FRENCH and feeding men fish if not this its "When the seagulls... follow the trawler... it's because they think... sardines will be thrown... into the sea". ????????

Answers on a post card c/o homebase.

Unimuts

Stpaul
8th Dec 2005, 16:41
'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.'
- The ENGLAND captain!!!

'I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.'
- Stuart Pearce

'If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day.'
- Neville Southall

'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.'
- David Beckham

think I've lost a lot of my gay fans to Gavin Henson. It's a shame as I really love them.
-David Beckham

I rest my case!

dlav
8th Dec 2005, 16:47
Wind your neck in. Youve made your point, and youve nothing left to prove, at all.

Please go and do something more productive with your time, you can start by pulling out your internet cable OR by understanding a little concept called CRM.

Three little letters is alot to take in, I know, but Im sure you'll cope.

carbonfibre
8th Dec 2005, 18:17
I can only say again, that one of the things that makes this web site great is the majority of people that use it and the commitment to helping out there fellow aviators.

However it seems that you think we are all lazy when i suspect that most of us are in professional careers as it is and any little help no matter how small and saving time is appreciated.

This again is where CRM comes in, I am more than happy to show you videos of pilots who made mistakes and failed to "ASK" the 5 y's of which im sure your familar, all people onboard an aircraft are important in the decision making process, so asking would be vital. Im sure you will come back with the dire and immediate technical emergency.

I would look at another profession as your outbursts suggest you might be the one at FL350 with the heart attack hoping that someone like the people on this board who remain quite calm, follow there SOPs might decide to take the shortest route back to a hospital or think "nah" he deserved it.

Maybe and just maybe you could be a courteous fellow aviator and have provided the information that was originally asked for would have been far more productive, less frustrating and saved some web space.

It may be a rumour site as you put it, I was not asking for rumours it was a phone number? also some very nice people on here, you should take some time out to meet them

Good luck with your job

Carbon

:ok: :ok:

mightymouse111
8th Dec 2005, 18:44
Can you all get off your high horses, you are all as bad as each other.

Calm down, take a chill pill, those quotes were quite amusing. Tis the season to be jolly!

I think this is the number. 0161-442-3113

rhythm method
8th Dec 2005, 20:47
"When the seagulls follow the trawler... they think that fish will be thrown into the sea"

Ooh la la!

CamelhAir
9th Dec 2005, 11:06
CRM doesn't excuse you from showing initiative. Well said StPaul. The rest of you would want to toughen up a little and use your heads some more or else your line training will be short.

carbonfibre
9th Dec 2005, 14:11
"CRM doesn't excuse you from showing initiative"

I hasten to add initiative was in the asking also, rather while i was on here ask people who are more likely to know!! than go and trawl the yellow pages, but besides the point, I was pointing out that it was easier to say than condem for asking, seemed very weird to me. Im sure you would never ask for anything?

Also nothing to do with being tough either. Mighty mouse thanks for number but another non judgemental pruner pased it too me.

It was after all very easy to do

Good luck with the job hunt everyone

Mr Blue Eyes
10th Dec 2005, 14:11
CF
I agree you have shown some initative, but probably in the wrong direction.
A good example of this is that you might try dialing the number above.
Communication is also about being quiet when it is appropriate to do so.(don't use CRM as an explanation for everything!)
You seem to be continually fuelling this fire when it might be more fitting to remain silent. A mistake we all can be accused of!. I know the quality you have demonstrated is not one the ba Citiexpress interviewers are looking for, so be careful and Good luck.

carbonfibre
12th Dec 2005, 08:45
Point taken, had already dialled number well before this got out of hand though

Still have fun :ok:

JetAngel
13th Dec 2005, 19:28
Has anyone who had a sim check this weekend heard any news yet or is it too soon?