PDA

View Full Version : Daily Rates

Retreating Blade Stall
17th Nov 1998, 13:18
I would be grateful if anyone can give me some idea of the daily flying rates being offered to co-pilots and captains of large (S61 size) helicopters on the North Sea for freelance pilots.
If you are wary about putting this info in to this forum,you can always e-mail me. It might be best to put it on here as it makes the info. available to all!
Many thanks in anticipation,

leading edge
18th Nov 1998, 01:28
It has been a while since I was there but last time I heard it was about 180 quid for a Captain and 120 quid for a Co-Pilot. Bristow have even bought out some of their overseas pilot's leave so that they get 180 quid on the North Sea and continue to be employed and paid in their home country, not bad eh? Who says it doesn't pay to save up your leave! I don't know if Bristow are hiring any freelance guys right now but I hear that they are short of crews everywhere so it might be worth a try if you've got the right types on your licence.

Retreating Blade Stall
18th Nov 1998, 22:17
Thanks for the info L.E. They are going to have to pay a bit more than that to induce me to give up my life and risk all on the North Sea again!!!
If I hear of better figures I will let you know
RBS

Bellplus
22nd Nov 1998, 05:50
£250 and £150/day or thereabouts for the pleasure of flying over dirty brown water is the going rate. (taxable) ANYTHING however, can be negotiated.

Retreating Blade Stall
22nd Nov 1998, 21:23
Hullo Bellplus,
good to hear from you again!!
Thanks for the info on the daily rates. I miss the people,but I don't miss the dirty brown water. Still these figures are a bit better. I think I'll wait till summer before I start putting myself about a bit.
Cheers
RBS

Retreating Blade Stall
22nd Nov 1998, 21:25
Hullo Bellplus,
good to hear from you again!!
Thanks for the info on the daily rates. I miss the people,but I don't miss the dirty brown water. Still these figures are a bit better. I think I'll wait till summer before I start putting myself about a bit.
Cheers
RBS