PDA

View Full Version : aircraft on contracts

ruffusruffcut001
4th Dec 2005, 17:36
There seems to be a growing trend , where engineers and pilots are forced to sign/fly aircraft with overdue inspections and components.
I know of a few contract companies that are flying these aircraft illegaly.
I think that our friendly S.A.C.A.A should do an audit on these companies because the time has come to draw the line and take owners/maintenance managers to task.

MysticFlyer
4th Dec 2005, 18:28
Don't you just love PPRUNE?

MF:E

African Tech Rep
4th Dec 2005, 20:47
One of course knows that airlines can issue extensions to checks themselves – normally 10% of interval but in some countries only 5% - the Regulatory Authority can allow a further extension, again normally 10%.
Of course this isn’t applicable to Life Limited Parts or certain CMR Tasks.

One also knows if the are not SA registered they can be reported to the Country of Registration as well as Country of Operation.

When one has thought about the above – if still sure the SACAA would, I belive, LOVE to hear from you – but you’ll need to give names and hopefully details.

B Sousa
4th Dec 2005, 22:07
Your CAA cant even handle the Cape Huey, you think they can do more??

African Tech Rep
4th Dec 2005, 22:21
Not my CAA mate.

I got a bit of paper from your CAA – and have played with twenty or so different CAA’s – can (but won’t) name a couple of “first world” CAA’s that scare me more than the SACAA.

PS
won’t cause two have almost had me in court for saying bad things about them – to them – both cases dropped after BIG meetings, one inc the that time head of CAA – who has since resigned due to “industry criticism” – unfortunately their legal guys seemed of the opinion that I had enough paperwork to embarrass them if it did go to court.

Sad thing is in both cases I was taking planes off their register.

Edited to say – OK sorry probably too strong.
Late night and worries on mind – three months doing house and two possible projects come at same time – of course can only do one but both are “that sounds fun” and neither are “that’s the one” – I’ll spend a day or two worrying and knowing my luck both will fall apart.

Anyway main point is if they aren’t told they ain’t really be blamed for not taking appropriate action – and the ICAO could always be copied in on mail or letter – if it’s outside their guidelines they’ll be asking “how’s it going” – so something will happen – maybe not what is wanted - but then we can moan.

PS – there’s a “NPRM” out about NTCA’s – their answer to the Huey’s – problem is it’s going to hurt ALL NTCA’s in SA