PDA

View Full Version : JAA IR renewal

unimuts
3rd Dec 2005, 10:31
I seek JAA Instrument renewal, MEP lpc IR

Am I able to complete this task on a simulator ? if not recommend a school please in UK or europe.

UNimuts

IRRenewal
4th Dec 2005, 14:31
IR can be done in simulator, MEP class rating can only be done in A/C.

hardcase
5th Dec 2005, 14:20
IR renewal can be done in a sim, ie fnpt 2....but just recently the CAA have said that every second year you must do it in an a/craft...dunno why :confused:

hardcase

EGBKFLYER
5th Dec 2005, 15:09
That's very interesting - can you say where that is written?

aztec25
5th Dec 2005, 16:26
I think the 2006 Lasors confirms the alternate year issue

Section E (page 5)
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20E.pdf

Or the whole doc here:

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=1591

Az

unimuts
6th Dec 2005, 08:21
Well thanks all for the help

Cant understand why it must be done every other year, but Who are we to question ?

But thanks again and I shall start to search for fnpt 2 sims.

Unimuts

:ok:

Lee-a-Roady Moor
7th Dec 2005, 22:54
A flight test must now be taken every alternate year, with a sim test allowable on the other years.

However, a sim test is only applicable for a revalidation. Once your IR has expired, then it becomes an IR Renewal.

A renewal must be done in an aircraft (thus letting it expire by even one day will turn an expensive test into an even more expensive test!)

It is also possible that refresher training will be necessary/mandatory although this will be agreed by the FTO on behalf of the Authority.

So if your IR has just expired, it may not be mandatory to have refresher training. However, if your IR has expired by 1 year, then a minimum number of hours will be necessary - minimum number increasing with each 'expired' year.

(Edited for claification)

Stan Evil
12th Dec 2005, 18:39
There's a similar thread to this on Wannabes. Linda Mollison from PAT says that the CAA are not enforcing the 'alternate revalidation' rule which is in JAR-FCL 1 Amendment 4 because of legal problems in the UK.

RodgerF
13th Dec 2005, 08:38
Quote:

However, a sim test is only applicable for a revalidation. Once your IR has expired, then it becomes an IR Renewal.

Where is the authority for this requirement?

Lee-a-Roady Moor
14th Dec 2005, 16:13
Haven't got the reference to hand, but will seek it out.

Similar to a passport - once a passport expires it must be renewed as it can't be revalidated.

Lee-a-Roady Moor
16th Dec 2005, 09:54
Apologies in advance for any confusion...

I was reading a JAR amendment which is where I located the information.

But, it wasn't the UK CAA LASORS - and I realise now that the wording is specific to another JAR state rather than the UK.

LASORS does state however that each alternate test should be done in an aircraft.

Whopity
19th Dec 2005, 18:52
The requirement to alternate came out in JAR-FCL 1 AL 4 however, when the new ANO was published on the same day, it states that all references to JAR -FCL1 are to mean Amendment 3. That is why it cannot be introduced because AL4 is not recognised by the ANO. AL5 is not far away!