PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair taxes and charges

King Pong
3rd Dec 2005, 04:42
This is just an observation I have made since booking a Ryanair flight.

No complaint about my airfare but since booking my one way Ryanair flight 3 weeks ago the charges and taxes have gone from £10 to £15 and now down to £5 even though the actual fare has not changed.

It is clear that these charges have nothing to do with what Ryanair actually pays and is really just a way of changing the price of the ticket without changing the headline price.

It seems that it is only this industry that gets away with this dodgy practice.

Also when you select a flight and try to book more often than not a message appears that the website is too busy and directs you to phone a premium rate number to book the flight. I even get this message at 4 in the morning. Is this just another way for Ryanair to make money?

EI-CFC
3rd Dec 2005, 10:41
Also when you select a flight and try to book more often than not a message appears that the website is too busy and directs you to phone a premium rate number to book the flight. I even get this message at 4 in the morning. Is this just another way for Ryanair to make money?

Can't say I've ever had this problem...in fact, like most major sites I'm sure thier site has more capacity than it really needs to operate, even at peak performance.