PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 747 in Ras Al Khaimah?

newscaster
2nd Dec 2005, 16:30
Did it stop over there some months back doing the captains choice tour charter? where else in the middle east did it go to.

max AB
2nd Dec 2005, 17:55
Great choice.....!

411A
3rd Dec 2005, 01:20
Also stopped in AMM.

And, I believe TIP.
Now, I know TIP sounds 'strange' but they seem to be attracting cruise ships as well, quite a few actually.

newscaster
3rd Dec 2005, 13:32
It didnt go to RKT but to RAK = Marrakech in Morocco, the itinerary was Sydney-Delhi-Amman-Marrkech-Tripoli-Nairobi-Mauritius.

Fox3snapshot
7th Dec 2005, 05:28
I can confirm the first three sectors as I was controlling when he went through....was a little miffed I must admit as we are used to the Europe bounds through here but certainly not back to the ME after all these years.

He didn't land in Ras Al Kaimah, apart from a "Hole in the wall" dodgy booze shop just down the road and a water park for the kids, Ras Al Khaimah is like Tennant Creek in outback Australia except with a beach! :p

Desert Whine
7th Dec 2005, 08:26
...not to mention all "da brudders, 'ey Mett??" :uhoh:

Flying Mechanic
13th Dec 2005, 16:30
I was at Al Ain Airport today and saw an Ex Qantas 747-300 there. The usual Qantas was painted over, and Garuda Indosnesa on the side, and the white rat on the tail had been transformed into a triangle, with the Garuda logo in the middle. The ozzie flag was still there. It was flying Al Ain-Medinah on the Hadj.

PIA747
13th Dec 2005, 18:08
A Garuda leased aircarft in Al-AIn. DOes not make sense. Garuda flies directly from Indonesia to Medina/Jeddah.

halas
14th Dec 2005, 04:07
2 x QF 747-300 have been leased to Garuda for the hajj.

They forgot to paint over the white rats feet!

halas

Fox3snapshot
14th Dec 2005, 13:09
Garuda are fueling up at both Al Ain and Abu Dhabi, they are one of the principal contractors this year from that part of the world and the majors also lease (eg. PIA, AIC etc) to run the Hajj.

Because of the amount of traffic into Medina and Jedda the jets typically cannot take on fuel either so they pit stop, Ariana which has also expanded rapidly to look after the Hajj stops in Ras Al Khaima for their top ups....

Lets face it to get over 5 million pilgrums to Mecca there is a real cocktail of companies operating to make it all happen, its our busiest time of the year for ATC throughout the region.

:ugh:

AirNoServicesAustralia
14th Dec 2005, 17:55
So busy these days Foxxy that its hard to tell what is the busiest time of the year.

I can't wait to see the December figures, considering it is always our busiest month and traffic was up almost 13% last month!!! All this with less staff than ever.:yuk:

TwoDogs
15th Dec 2005, 14:34
I'm just finishing my apinun shift in Al Ain tower and spent most of the afternoon talking to Qantas crews. We have been getting 3 or 4 flights a day tech stopping on their way to/from Medina and Indonesia. 470 POB to Medina, 20 inbound.
Never thought I would see 2 QF 747s (VH-EBV - City of Geraldton and EBX - City of Wollongong) on the tarmac at the same time here in Al Ain when I came here.
Apparently they are not allowed to remain on the ground in Medina long enough to refuel, due to congestion I guess.
Not ex-Qantas but wetleased with Aussie crews.
Also got one genuine Garuda Indonesia 767 o/niteing here.

AirNoService
You might be losing a whole lot more in the not too distant future if the rumours about Honkers looking to recruit more Gweilos is true :) :) :)

Fox3snapshot
15th Dec 2005, 19:10
Heard similar mate ;)