PDA

View Full Version : Where you this Xmas???

mattman
2nd Dec 2005, 13:47
Just wanted to know where fellow ppruners will be spending there xmas and new years this year. It's intresting to know were you contract dogs and jobstarters are this year. Myself will be sitting in the wonderful world of deep dark congo. Cant wait:yuk:
Let me know where you are and what you got planned:} maybe we can meet up, as for the rest of you have a stong one or two :E

B200Drvr
2nd Dec 2005, 13:53
Will be enjoying both Christmas and New Year in Pakistan.

Gunship
2nd Dec 2005, 14:00
Xmass and NY in TIP.

Rumour has it CHC has a contract there. Let's hook up and make a plan :ok:

B Sousa
2nd Dec 2005, 14:02
Probably TIST but then Maybe KLAS

4granted
2nd Dec 2005, 14:42
4g will be waxing up his 6'8 pintail and surfing his brains out at a beach called Crystal Roads near Bettys Bay in the Cape. No flying, no airplanes no nothing just surf, beer and fun....

10 days and counting.... Fire it up ... you be there my mate...

:cool:
4g

albatross
2nd Dec 2005, 19:42
I arrive home on Xmas evening - good planning even if I do say so myself. ( Sh*T As*ed Luck actually!)
Of course Xmas shopping will be a problem but frankly I just don't give a damn!

putco
2nd Dec 2005, 22:38
Christmas morning will be spent being de-iced in Anchorage and heading to Tokyo.

Lovely!

B Sousa
3rd Dec 2005, 05:09
Lets see...ANC....So you must be coming from the states. Most of the Europe flights were using FAI.....Times change or what??

fireitup
3rd Dec 2005, 06:21
2 days and outta the sandpit....

FACT, Lllandudno, CRoads with the HawkerPirate.

Great Xmas and NY to you all:ok:

leginheli
3rd Dec 2005, 12:35
I will be spending Xmas and NY in lovely Escravos, Nigeria; along with 18 other pilots!!

Coleman Myers
3rd Dec 2005, 12:51
Hey PUTCO, just look on the bright side, your rostering people have guaranteed you a white one ....

putco
3rd Dec 2005, 13:52
And l am always happy with a white one!:ok:

flyboy2
3rd Dec 2005, 15:17
It couldn't be better-
to spend Christmas with family in & about Cape Town !

See you there maybe ?

Here's wishing all PPruners a Happy one !

Ajax 28
4th Dec 2005, 08:44
Glad to see I am not the only one sitting in the congo for xmas and new years....Goma to be exact... Anyone else here lets try and make a plan..

Africa Dog
4th Dec 2005, 17:15
Fourteen more days and i am home for Xmas for two weeks,first time in five years no more bloody Iraq to think of, two weeks of bliss or as i am thinking two weeks of oh s:mad: t, got to put up with the vaalies, guys whats worse stay in Iraq or put up with the vaalies :cool:

Coleman Myers
5th Dec 2005, 09:21
Ja PUTCO, no LBFM's for you and me ... and thanks fully no bush-meat for Christmas lunch Congo style ;0)

Solid Rust Twotter
5th Dec 2005, 09:26
Africa Dog

Stay in Iraq, boet. The Vaalies are weary of your coastal whining...:E :ok:

Coleman Myers
5th Dec 2005, 09:38
Africa Dog (KD ?) ... go with the date munchers. At least they keep their missus covered up at the beach unlike, our mates from beyond the 'berg

MysticFlyer
5th Dec 2005, 09:41
Ja swaer, methinks dissai....

"foggin Dirbin, ennie kak'ini air innie Kaap!"

Tailspin2001
5th Dec 2005, 09:52
Xmas eve and NY eve in the air but the arrival on the 25th will be CPT………… lucky bidding......... however the one on the 1st will be SIN and the NY will already be about 18 hours old!

Wherever you are hope they are enjoyable!

Safe flying in 2006

MysticFlyer
6th Dec 2005, 07:18
Now go and have a look at any freemason page, have look at what is in the centre of their temple, yes a pentagon.

At Xmas time, when you raise the pentagon, think at the symbology for them (as you elevate the croos to the top of the tree, pyramid, 33 degrees) to illuminate!

I'll instead not have a tree and be thinking of loved ones far away and those not with us anymore...real Christmas spirit. (not xmas, anyway!)

Now go to the Campfire and read. My symbology says that if seven people read this, see the real light, they will tell at least seven other people, and they in return.....yes the seven principle.

One should celebrate this daily, for you never know when you see your LOVED ones again.

In the meantime, think about this over the festive season.

Best regards and fly like ANGELS.

Mystic:ok:

Cogsmo
6th Dec 2005, 07:33
Permission to join in - CHC has a JVP in place operating out of TIP with a DHC 8/311 and due to start very soon now. Based here on support so check in if your in the area.

Have a merry one wherever and stay safe.

Kernel
6th Dec 2005, 07:54
After 3 years of contract flying and finally joining the airlines, I thought I'd finally be spending Christmas at home. Alas not so...will be doing shuttles between Durban and East London whilst the family and mates relax and drink beer!

At least I'm in the country and not spending Christmas in the Sahara like last year...

contraxdog
6th Dec 2005, 10:11
I hope you guys are not going to be too jealous, but Im spending Xmas day in Monrovia, a braai on the beach, and NY's in Harare, geeting pissed at a cousins wedding (open bar)!

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Dec 2005, 10:40
You coasties would only begin to whine if we vaalies kept our softs covered up. At least we don't have the problem of unshaven legs, comfortable shoes and lentils like you poor okes. We have real women....:E :ok:

Wherever you are, have a great festive season.:ok:

African Tech Rep
6th Dec 2005, 11:05
Just been confirmed – I’ll be spending the holidays in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania watching some unhappy mechs fix a 737 and preparing the paperwork to transfer it to Indonesia.

Leave tonight – so if not that active on Prune it’s not cause I’m fed up – it’s cause the Indonesians are VERY “precise” and delivering a plane to them is always a Challenge.

Mystic you have no idea how appropriate “you never know when you see your LOVED ones again” is – for me it’s “when project over” – estimated three months – but when has anything in aviation run smoothly to schedule ?

For those that know me – you can still get me by mail if needed.

For everyone – Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
If your lucky enough to be at home with family – try to enjoy.

edge70
6th Dec 2005, 12:23
In the sandpit!!! You lucky boy fireitup!

4granted
6th Dec 2005, 18:55
Hey Fire..
Great to bump into you like that today..
well back in the Kinsh1thole... see you soon dude... start waxing up the Maui!!!

4g:ok:

4HolerPoler
6th Dec 2005, 19:19
In the sandpit for both - best wishes to all; may you be with your loved ones or, second best, on a layover with Angelina Jolie's twin sister as your co-jock.

4HP

Treetopflyer
8th Dec 2005, 00:59
Xmas & NY @ home for the first time in five years...:ok:

Have a good one y'all.

-- TTF.

Woof etc
8th Dec 2005, 11:24
A sandpit is a place for having fun - I think the term kitty litter would be more appropriate.

Christmas in London this year - yippee. Then again got to escape from the litter first.....

south coast scaff
8th Dec 2005, 21:36
EAST TIMOR! Going to be great!

Kopeloi
9th Dec 2005, 01:25
Perth, Australia like last year....

Pontius' Pilot
9th Dec 2005, 13:42
Christmas Day sitting on my @rse in MRU, 1000's of miles from my better half in CPT. :{

24th Off
25th Off
26th MRU-DBN-MRU
27th Stby
28th Stby
30th Office
31st Stby

:{ Now I'll tell my story to someone who really cares!!!

JJflyer
9th Dec 2005, 14:42
In the sandpits of Jeddah :(

JJ

Majutes
9th Dec 2005, 17:01
Try Tombouctou. No jokes. It realy dose exist. No snow. No tree No pressies. LOTS OF SAND..........
At least I'm with a good mate. Have a good one all.

arrow208
9th Dec 2005, 17:05
spending xmas and ny's in the wonderfull country of Sudan!

nothing like a bit of sand and city music to get the party started, en natuurlik so bietjie klippies daarmee saam:ok:

enjoy the festive season ya all, those at home and those off us in far away places!

4granted
12th Dec 2005, 07:04
Fellow aviators and friends: 4g will be on SAA out of the Kinsh1thole today.

Here's wishing you all a great holiday and a bright and successful New Year...

Postcards form the edge....

4g;)

Cizzy
12th Dec 2005, 08:09
Be in freezing Kabul, Afghanistan over xmas and new year.... Hopefully have a white xmas :O

Miss you guys in DRC Mattman, have a drink or six for me !

Hopefully see you guys in Kinshasa in Feb for a few more crazy late night walks from VIP :ok:

Enjoy :)

superserong
12th Dec 2005, 15:18
Will be in Chad, stalking guinnea-fowl with my kettie. KFC...KFC, my kingdom for a piece of KFC!!

Go Big!!

MysticFlyer
12th Dec 2005, 15:55
Supersong, you had me crying with laughter, but with a real tear in my eyes.

Solly once told me how they caught tarentale. It's a bit like the oxen are patient story....

Take mielie-pitte and disperse freely about camp, after slowly luring them in....all good things comes to those who can wait....

Finally, take small amount of mielie-pitte soaked in spirits mixed in with ordinary ones. (meths - if you didn't use it all for blou-trein, and I, didn't say avtur..) and voila!

This one is compliments of Solly. Furthermore stuff with what's available, but this is for main course not the condiments or with you having a smoke jacket on and all.....off course.....:rolleyes:

One for how to influence people and winning friends over, you could bag the whole flock if you were so greedy of course, so discression puleeeezzee!

Enjoy
MF:}

BAKELA
12th Dec 2005, 18:04
"Ja swaer, methinks dissai....

"foggin Dirbin, ennie kak'ini air innie Kaap!" " Ek ook. Smaak my jy weet nie wie of waar jy is nie! :yuk:

mattman
14th Dec 2005, 07:36
Hey Cizzy

Yup will have a Primus or two:yuk: for you. The old Canadian is here and he says howzit.:ok: The TV just broke and we are not to happy about that and the mozzies are carrying us away. We went to Entebbe to fix the aircraft and at least got a bit of shopping done, so we wont be in SA for Xmas but at least we can enjoy it SA style:E . Looking forward to seeing you guy's again. Say hi to Alforns. Cheers from Kisingani

I.R.PIRATE
14th Dec 2005, 07:52
Ahoy Mattman....as per usual for this time of year, I am packing me thingies and all my Christmas :yuk: cheer into a bag destined once more for the icy wasteland of the Hindu Kush. If Im not mistaken, you were along for part of the winter ride earlier this year......hahaha, snowballs, broken windows, heineken and sh1thead.....ja, guess its that for me again this year, however, like you, i no longer work for " THOSE WE DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT":hmm:

To all those who are going to enjoy the local summer on this side.....enjoy, be safe, and hate me when I have the whole of Feb and March off, to enjoy MY uncrowded summer holiday.

:ok:

mattman
14th Dec 2005, 08:06
Howdy Pirate
Ho ho so your going back, my my is it not going to be fun there again. :E Cant decide on the hot or the cold but cant swing a snowball where I am, the locals get a bit restless if we start to chuck the mud, they think its a bit un-civilized to get there shoes dirty, or they start a revolution.:} Anyway at least we got the beer cold. Will keep in contact, did hear of your new employer, congrats must be better than the old one.
Will drink a couple to you up there in the north.

Cheers

I.R.PIRATE
14th Dec 2005, 08:18
If one had to discuss the merits of leaving that previous circus......i dunno if prune could handle the traffic if we were to open up that smelly little pandora's can of worms. MAybe we should....get all the previously disgruntled( now currently relieved to be free from that unholy bunch that reside on the wrong side of the boerewors curtain) pilots out here to speak their minds. I feel strongly about getting the word out. Well word sounds a bit quick, more like encyclopaedia's of whinges and whines. Will be quite good to compare war stories.... \

ps: did you hear about the most recent happenings and firings that side????? rumours about burning the furniture, all the SA crew booted etc etc, sounds as if its becoming a purely U.S (you know who) run operation......shame, poor aeroplanes.