PDA

View Full Version : FAA Checkride in the UK

Farrell
2nd Dec 2005, 04:25
Hello folks

As some of you may know, I'm going to be in the UK for while.
As an FAA PPL student, I have about 35 hours of flight time up.
I originally began my training at EFT, but weather etc had me leave after 5 weeks with the written exam done but no long solo nav and hence no checkride.

Questions....
Is there a school in the UK that I can finish my training at and do my checkride?

I do not qualify for a JAA Class 2 medical (amblyopia), but I do have an FAA First Class medical without limitations (work that one out!) therefore, do I need to train in an N-reg or can I do it in a G-reg aircraft - (particularly with regard to the solo nav)?

Cheers

Farrell

porridge
2nd Dec 2005, 06:08
Farrell
In short you can do the training in a G-reg. However, there is a moritorium on FAA tests in the UK at the moment.
PM me if you want more details.
Regards, Porridge.

170'
7th Dec 2005, 11:20
Porridge

Could you elaborate on the FAA moratorium...Thanks...!

porridge
7th Dec 2005, 18:03
I have it directly from the people at the New York International Field Office that FAA checkrides are no longer available in the UK (and presumably in all other states outside the US). I gather 'budgetary constraints' are the problem.
I suggest you contact Mr Robert Lynch at the FAA NY IFO: tel. no. +1 (718) 5530986, or email him at [email protected] to clarify this.
Please be so kind as to let me know if you have any news as to whether there has been a recent change in policy regarding this.
Regards, Porridge