PDA

View Full Version : Net Jets phone interview

warrenG
1st Dec 2005, 22:01
Whats the deal with Net Jets now asking aerodynamics and performance questions over the phone?

Was so happy to get the unexpected call I had been waiting for so long by Net Jets as I was settling down at the lunch table, and after a discussion about the company, salary, conditions etc, instead of getting the 'so when will you be available for an interview' line, I got bombarded with a bunch of ATPL techs!!

Just wondering if this is the new age interview technique of catching the candidate totally unprepared..... just a shame as its a job I have been hoping for since a long time and know I could have answered these a lot better if prepared for the interview.

Anyway, am still hoping for a follow up call for the real thing....:sad:

Check 6
2nd Dec 2005, 06:06
WarrenG, that was very rude of NetJets. Telephone interviews should be pre-arranged at a specific time.

Check 6

FatFlyer
4th Dec 2005, 18:32
Had the same phone interview, the interviewer asked politely if it was convenient to talk and offered to call back at another time if not.
The tech questions were ones which, as an ATPL holder, I would have been ashamed to get wrong.

The more challenging questions, I understand, come at the assessment day which you have opportunity to prepare for.

I did not find it rude at all as an initial screening process and also hope to get invited for tests.

Smeagel's Mum
4th Dec 2005, 21:44
And if you want a question to ask the company at the interview, try

"how confidential are the confidential reports and are they used as a punitive measure or as a tool for all to learn?"

netjets
5th Dec 2005, 09:11
Smeagel's Mum

What are you saying?? I have heard a rumour from the new 'Cristal Palace' about some pilots beeing in some hot water over a level bust.

As an ex employee my lines of communication are a little over extended but I am interested. The rumour I heard was so terrible that I wouldn't post it on these pages, I assumed it was just bar room chat. Please expand.

SuperHornet
5th Dec 2005, 14:12
The tech questions were ones which, as an ATPL holder, I would have been ashamed to get wrong.

Hmmm, there is always the exception to the rule... :rolleyes: ;)

How much and what kind of Q's are they asking, like; What does LDA mean? Can you read a TAF/METAR? CatI/II/III-limits? Or is it only aerodynamics and performance?

If I put everything together from reading posts about NJE, am I right when I think this is what the application process looks like at the moment:

* submit CV
* get phone call (company info and basic tech-Q's)
* assessment: - techquiz - interview - sim
* job offer (if succesfull)

Or is there more to it?

Cheers :ok:

FatFlyer
5th Dec 2005, 21:48
The questions I was asked included what does BR mean on a TAF, what are the minimum decision height and RVR required for a cat 1 ILS.
I don't consider myself particularly intelligent but feel that most of us with professional licences should cope with that type of question, not so sure about the written ones though.

I have read the not so good bits about NJ from smeagal and mum, they may have valid points, but from where I am looking, it looks better than my present job.
I also appreciate that after working for a company for some time, the bad bits seem to surface.

Southampton Stalker
7th Dec 2005, 20:56
netjets.

What you heared was probably true. Two captains became first officers because of level busts.

One of them submitted a ASR. Without that nobody might have known as it happen in a no radar area.

Wilma
8th Dec 2005, 09:45
I heard the same! Its just a shame! :{
It its true, I would like to know what the Safety Dept. is good for?!?!? Guess whats gonna happen now with ASRs...everybody will think twice before sending one.
Except if you want to fly from the RHS again! Very sad!

I can hear the answer from Lisbon already: "Its like this"! :\

Flintstone
8th Dec 2005, 11:57
Oi, Wilma!

Who said you could leave the cave? Not good enough for you? Let me guess, 60 Euros per night including breakfast but a 50 Euro taxi ride from the airport?;)

Sadly you're right. Many people have shredded their ASRs on the basis they'll not be needing them in future.

As always I'm sure there's more to the story but the info available so far is having a very negative effect.

natops
9th Dec 2005, 06:28
hey netjets, story you heard was true!

netjets
11th Dec 2005, 16:41
So, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to make a stand and try to put pressure on the management who have pushed people into the RHS again? Or are you going to let 'the management' walk all over you again?

Let me know what happens, glad I'm well out of it. I thought I worked for a company 'unique and open culture' that screwed pilots but 'this is summin else!'

nj

Smeagel
13th Dec 2005, 16:20
There is a fair bit more to this than meets the eye, certainly in one of the cases anyway. There is also some history, not for the individual pilots but the company as a whole.

I would not publish the details on here as that would be unfair to the people involved. The circumstances are becoming common knowledge among the crew though so if you want to know find a NJE pilot and ask them.

The company has a poor record on level busts committing many more than any 'comparable' operator (whoever that might be), this is information in the public domain. ATC are becoming very concerned. We are not just talking about the odd bout of finger trouble.

If this persists then the obvious next step would be the banning of NJE aircraft from certain airspace and anyone can see what effect that would have.

I'm not condoning the methods but against this background I can see why NJE management are clamping down so hard.

Quisling
15th Dec 2005, 22:05
WarrenG, FatFlyer et al., I hope you and any other applicants to NJE get a start date before Jan 1 2006 as anybody starting after that date will have a salary 15-20% LESS than existing employees!

Mean while existing UK crew are running a sweepstake as to where and when the company will "adust" the existing salaries down in the name of "fairness" etc. etc..

:rolleyes:

Flintstone
16th Dec 2005, 09:28
Meanwhile existing UK crew are running a sweepstake as to where and when the company will "adust" the existing salaries down in the name of "fairness" etc. etc..

At the current rate of resignations that would indeed be a strange thing to do.

SuperHornet
16th Dec 2005, 11:02
@ Quisling

Where did you hear that they are lowering the salaries, while I've read on other websites that the salaries are going up slightly?
I've read that as per 01jan06 basic salary for an F/O on the 125 will be €42500 and 01jan07 even up to €45000...
Just to clarify, I don't work for NJE (but would like to!), but got this from a NJE-pilot.

:ok: SH

Quisling
16th Dec 2005, 18:35
SuperHornet, From a letter to all hands from DM himself.
Hawker 800 salaries will NOT be increased on 01 Jan 06 but will be on 01 Jan 07 (in theory). Bravo,Excel, Hawker 400 will be going up on 01 Jan 06 for existing employees, if you join in the UK after 0! Jan 06 the increase will be "clawed back" and if you get the Hawker 800 or Wide Body you WILL get a lower salary than existing employees.

Flintstone look at the history wait for the next job market down turn.

;) ;)

FatFlyer
16th Dec 2005, 21:15
As a netjets "wannabee" if successful at the assessment, I will start after 1/1/06 with UK base, what will be aprroximate starting salary?
I undertstood for new F/Os pay was 40,500 Euros plus 70 per day, is this wrong?
present company did have people doing same job on different rates which caused ill feeling and people to look for other jobs and eventually stopped it.
As a new boy, I would expect to start on lower pay and progress up with seniority but I don't think that separate pay scales work that well.

redsnail
16th Dec 2005, 22:42
Fats,

You've got it about right. It may be slightly more. Your contract will spell it out.

Flintstone
16th Dec 2005, 23:14
Flintstone look at the history wait for the next job market down turn.

Hey, I didn't say it wouldn't happen. I just suggested that with people leaving why would anyone want to annoy those still in the company?