PDA

View Full Version : CX Grade C salary scale

pilot12345
1st Dec 2005, 12:51
Does anyone know the details for Cathay salary grade C scale? I did a search and all I can find is information on grade B salary scale. From what I heard from my friend, all new joiner is now on grade C salary. Anyone got the exact figure? Apparently details of grade C is not included in the aircrew conditions. It will be great if someone who is inside the loop who can provide us with such information. Many thanks in advance.

tomcatrl
1st Dec 2005, 13:14
I was told that Grade C salary was for their Cadets enrolled in their Cadet Pilot Program. Around $380,000 HKD per year plus out port allowance (If my sources are correct). Other then that, there aren't a lot of info about Grade C salary.

mpflis
2nd Dec 2005, 22:38
I just left Cathay City (second interview), and no mention anywhere of a C scale for expatriates. It could be for cadets, but not for new joiners as direct entry to the best of my knowledge. Hope that helps.

metro1
3rd Dec 2005, 16:41
mpflis,

Check your PM, please.
Thanks

flyingkiwi
3rd Dec 2005, 23:46
the cadets are on the same salery as direct entry SOs however as they are HK residents they do not get housing allowance or schooling.

Direct entry SOs are on the same deal as someone that joinded 4-10 years ago. the guys wanting to extend are basically being given cadet terms. ie no housing or allowance...

I wont get started on that.. however the cadet vs expat debate has been thrashed to death in another thread. my 2 cents worth though is i have not meet a cadet yet who would trade there job in for the uncertainty of 10 years in GA so they could get the housing. There is nothing stopping them from appying as DE S/Os.

cyrex
6th Dec 2005, 12:33
i think most people are getting confused with CAT C and C scale.... because on local terms contract it states you will be a cat C S/O when you join the company instead of starting off as a Cat B S/O as you would if you were expat .... so C scale doesn't really exist yet.... althought there were talks of it before....