PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air Cargo quit two European markets

newscaster
1st Dec 2005, 10:53
They have pulled out of Helsinki and Luxembourg, both were served with 744F seperately.

CR2
2nd Dec 2005, 02:00
Strange, never saw them in LUX before....:confused:

newscaster
2nd Dec 2005, 13:31
They were flying once weekly Seoul-Helsinki-Luxembourg till 2004, and the city was also listed on their cargo routemap in the previous site which has now been revamped.

CargoMatatu
4th Dec 2005, 19:12
New one on me, that:confused:

CargoOne
6th Dec 2005, 10:31
As far as I know Helsinki wasn't a scheduled destination but charter (traffic rights issues).

CR2
6th Dec 2005, 18:57
Newscaster; I'm happy to be corrected, but I've never seen KE here (that's not to say they never came). I vaguely remember something about traffic rights a couple of years ago. Could have been scheduled to HEL then charter to LUX? I don't think it ever operated but will ask the handling agent here, they'd know. Asiana did operate to LUX, in co-op with Cargolux. That also ended in the meantime.

Matatu: Anything I missed?

CargoOne
6th Dec 2005, 22:30
CR2

I'm not sure about the futher routing ex HEL but last year KE flown a weekly (or so) charter ICN-HEL, mainly Nokia stuff... They've been looking to do that scheduled but Finns have refused the traffic rights (although I don't know more details, but that's what I've been told by major players on Finnish cargo market).