PDA

View Full Version : Northsea

rotorhead2
19th Feb 2001, 03:18
I've been invited to participate in a jobhiring interview with a Northsea Operator.
Any hints/help on tests, sim, nice to know stuff ?
Anything would be a true blessing !!

HOGE
19th Feb 2001, 03:50
Read up on the company, learn what bases and types they have. Express a keen desire to be a career helicopter pilot, (and don't mention that you're probably going fixed wing in a few years!)

simfly
21st Feb 2001, 16:51
Well, up here at Bristows (ABZ), I beleive that they will soon be snapping up anyone with a CPL(H) regardless, or else there will be no pilots at all very shortly, maybe get to the stage that if you hold a drivers license(cars) you might be in with a shout!!
:) :) :) :)

------------------
[email protected]

The ground won't hurt you, if you hit it hard enough!

Out of Balance
22nd Feb 2001, 05:46
Just heard a rumour that Australian helicopter pilots may shortly be offered contracts on the North Sea. Presumably similar to those in the late 80's.

[This message has been edited by Out of Balance (edited 22 February 2001).]

helicrap2001
22nd Feb 2001, 09:58
Mmmm, Interesting stuff. If your offshore operators looked to Australia/new zealand for pilots just one Advertisment would bring them enough pilots for about five years of recruitment!!! Pay them in AUS/KIWI dollars, put them up in a shack outside the airfield and you would save even more dosh. The sad thing is if you did this you would still get about 2000 applications from over here. This will be very interesting to keep watching
Cheers

HOGE
22nd Feb 2001, 19:58
Of course, the operators could try and entice their present staff to stay. But how?? Answers on a postcard as usual....

rotorhead2
22nd Feb 2001, 21:42
I seriously doubt that would happen, with
the JAR's being so hysterical with EU guidelines, approving of foreign nationals ( other than EU citizens etc.)
Should be good for some nice headlines, inline with Algerians picking fruit in Spain illegaly etc. I have heard though, that one NS operator had foreign pilots ( UK ?) working for them, but due to the way the contract was won ( had to use same national as country operating in bla bla ), couldn't legally continue with the current staff.
Any truth to this ?

elpirata
23rd Feb 2001, 03:01
HOGE, and anyone else

I am really confused about this north sea thing, numerous people are telling me that there are loads of vacancies and the situation is going to become desparate.

some people are saying they are only desparate for captains and you need to have 3000 hours to have a chance.

other people are saying that they will want anyone with a CPL(H)

the fact is I have had a CPL(H) for a year and and am waiting for the ATPL(H) to come in the post and have more than 1300 hours, and have not even had an interview despite being on the database for some time and reguarly sending an updated CV, I know several people who have 1000-1500 hours and none of them seem to be getting a nibble.

what is really happening here?
I dont want to go fixed wing, if I did I would have done it in the first place, i am exactly the sort of person they are looking for !, I bet there are loads like me on this forum !

comments please

Variable Load
23rd Feb 2001, 15:46
elpirata

Drop me a line or post your e-mail address. I can then see if I can help you make some progress. It sounds like you should at least get to interview!

Hoverman
23rd Feb 2001, 18:44
Do any of you have any photographs of North Sea operations which you can post on this forum?
I realise the type of demanding flying you do may preclude photography but, if you have any pics, I'm sure people would be interested in seeing them.