PDA

View Full Version : Please think very carefully before you follow a link from here. CLARIFIED I think?

Woomera
30th Nov 2005, 04:34
Just a reminder to the chaps and chapesses.

Our policy on links is simple.

If a Woomera deletes a link it is because we have.:ok:

Not all links are benign or useful and it is possible that they can be used to identify you, despite protestations to the contrary, or place harmful material on your computer should you not have adequate protection.

They are sometimes posted as a means of "clocking" hits to support a cause or position that you do not.
I.E. "I have had "x" thousand hits on my site which supports ............"

You follow links from here at your own peril and we will not and can not take any responsibility for the consequences.

If it is to an "advertising, sales, marketing or personal agenda" site it will be deleted unless we think it has some relevance to the thread.

We are comfortable with referencing links to public media and links to manufacturers and other Aviation, Govt, regulatory, airports and OEM sites where they are relevant and to sites containing photographs or sketches of relevant aviation material where they fit within the PPRuNe rules.

If the link address is not identified in the post, straight up, that is it is "hidden" behind some script, you may find the ultimate address by right clicking and selecting properties prior to deciding if you want to go there.

If a Woomera deletes a link it is because we have.

In future attempts to reinstate a deleted link or post, modified or not directly, or otherwise attempt to or cause it to be by direct contact with any of the moderators other than through the regular PM system will automatically invoke a modification of your posting privileges ranging from "limited access" to total denial.

We try as best as we can to treat ALL PPRuNers equally and for us to entertain direct contact from any who think they have the right to do so, is a waste of our personal time, an innaproriate importuning of our good will and unfair to the others.
If we had wished to encourage this, we would have posted our contact telephone numbers for all to use. :mad:
This is an anonymous forum for the users and it is also important that the moderators remain so for the reasons stated above.
It is the way PPRuNe is, take it or leave it or go and start your own.
There are many very well established, tested and proven reasons why this is so and it is a not negotiable condition of your registration.

If you have a problem or issue you wish to raise we welcome you to do so, please use the PM button for the moment, as we are having a "issues" :mad: with the email system at the moment.:ugh:

Please think carefully and use your common sense before you add a link to and/or hit a link button.:ok: