PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian License Conversion

Jordan3054
29th Nov 2005, 19:25
Hi

I have done a search on the above topic and was wondering if anyone has any additional info to what I have found.

I was wondering what the procedure of converting an Australian CPL(H) to a Malaysian one is. I understand for starters I ned a minimum of 155 hours but has anyone more knowledge thay can pass on?

Thanks

winglet_fever
30th Nov 2005, 11:22
hi there,

the last i heard was 35hrs in twin and some papers.

hope that helps.

Jordan3054
30th Nov 2005, 15:41
Hi

Yes thanks for that :ok:

Would you happen to know where I can find anymore info other than the DCA website?
Thanks

winglet_fever
1st Dec 2005, 10:08
a close friend of mine tried calling.. and calling... and calling....

and calling.... its either a wrong number or otherwise...

best bet is to knock on their door. Be warned that it will most likely be a case by case thingy.

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you yea

Jordan3054
1st Dec 2005, 10:10
Winglet_Fever

Yes I tried calling and got EXACTLY the same thing. (The guy you want is not in etc etc)

Thanks though for your help, and yes fingers crossed:ok:

jolly27
2nd Dec 2005, 02:54
;)
Hello Jordan3054,

To convert from Aussie CPL to Malaysian CPL will probably involve taking Airlaw 1 & 2, flight checkride at MFA on the Seneca which also involves type theory test. But, as with most foreign licenses, it will depend on your flight experience thus the need for "case to case" basis.

With only less than 10 inspectors to service all theaviation companies in West Malaysia and East Malaysia, it would hard to be at the office. They have recently moved to a new office so, things will be abit messy.

The most appropriate person to SEE is Mr. Williams, Capt. Yahya (DCA Director) or Capt. Fauzi. You will have to keep trying....turn up at DCA everyday if necessary. Best of Luck

Have a Jolly Flight

Jordan3054
2nd Dec 2005, 10:06
Jolly727

Thanks. When the time comes, I will keep trying :ok: , and hopefully it wont take too long

aka320
2nd Dec 2005, 11:36
I believe Jordan3054 is talking about CPL for Helicopter.

For CPL/IR fixwing,you need to sit for CA6,CA2,airlaw paper and flight checkride,if i not mistaken.(got a FI friend with 1000hour++ which just did the convertion)

For CPL (H) not sure..

Regards,

Jordan3054
2nd Dec 2005, 12:06
Aka320

Yes you are quite right, I do mean for a Helicopter - CPL(H).

I hope to think the procedure would be similar though, apart from the aircraft type I will have to do my conversion on.

Thanks
Jordan