View Full Version : Farnborough

chevvron
29th Nov 2005, 16:31
Anyone know what's happening at Farnborough, apart from the locals objecting to an increase in weekend movements.
I know Net Jets would like extra weekend slots, 'cos otherwise they have to use Blackbushe!

chevvron
6th Dec 2005, 09:23
I see the west side of the southern dispersal, originally ETPS dispersal then EFS and finally the civil enclave, is being dug up. Just think of the events that have happened there in the past.

Milt
6th Dec 2005, 09:51
Hey - that's hurting - deep inside.

That area should have been declared a Sacred site.

How many dedicated pilots left that site and didn't make it back ?

How many finally left it to begin many years of contributions to the advancement and safety of aviation.

Surely an outpost of Test Pilots' Heaven.

Wycombe
6th Dec 2005, 13:55
Aha Chevvron, I guess that explains why the odd "Fraction" Cit and 125 are seen over at the 'Bushe, esp. at weekends.

Remember seeing a Motorola DA50 parked up over there aswell a while back.

Expect they like the business though.

chevvron
7th Dec 2005, 06:24
Wycombe:

The majority of civil traffic at Farnborough actually operates from the north side now; only BAe aircraft go southside.
The use of Blackbushe at weekends is due to the fact weekend movements at Farnborough are restricted to just 2500pa; those 'Fractions' you talk about simply couldn't get a slot for Farnborough!
TAG have applied for extra weekend movements, but an opposition campaign has developed. It's all in the planning conditions you see.

Wycombe
7th Dec 2005, 08:08
Thanks, have heard about some of the planning restrictions stuff -from what I've heard it's even more restrictive for the larger types at FAB - BBJ's etc.

Of course, they can't go to the 'Bushe either.

Strange but true also at weekends is that the opening hours at the 'Bushe are less restrictive than at FAB (the 'Bushe can accept movements between 0700L and 2200L - although you will have to pay for them to open early or late - over at FAB it's strictly 0800L to 2000L).

I've had a look around at FAB (and done some practice ILS's there!), very nice facilities for the NATS folks!

LTNman
7th Dec 2005, 09:30
Plenty of room at Luton for all those weekend movements

AlanM
7th Dec 2005, 09:40
............ if you want to be in Hertfordshire.

chevvron
7th Dec 2005, 10:52
LTN MAN - you've already got Abramovich from Farnborough, what more could you want?