PDA

View Full Version : Are Virgin squeezing it?

Pax-man
28th Nov 2005, 18:29
Whilst I'm in a ranting mood, I've got to have a go at Virgin. Flew on VS002 from JFK last night, and my backside's still sore (no innuendo, please).

Have the seats in economy gotten smaller? Are the cushions thinner? Has the seat pitch been reduced? Jeez it was uncomfortable back there - easily the most uncomfortable I've been on a long-haul since I let somebody book me on to an Airtours A330!

Mr Branson... you can try to dazzle us with entertainment systems and multiple movies (including the ones that don't work), but the fact is that pax comfort in economy is as poor as I've known. I'm average build and height (thank the lord), but I still felt like I was travelling in a cattle truck!

Afraid my money's going back to the US carriers from now on - funny how I've always rated Continental as the best, and that they're code-sharing with the least comfortable airline I've flown with.

MarkD
29th Nov 2005, 03:06
what was the aircraft - 744, 346 or 343?

Pax-man
29th Nov 2005, 12:36
was a 744 - narrow seats with grey plastic backs (added this to get past the 15 word rule!)

EI-CFC
29th Nov 2005, 14:33
I don't think there is much to choose from in any VS plane in economy!

manintheback
29th Nov 2005, 15:09
Sounds like you had the same seat I got. Back ache for 2 days afterwards. I believe Virgin has one of the worst seat pitches for majors across the Atlantic at just 30 inches.

Thats the odd thing about Virgin, class leading Premium economy and Upper class in my opinion and nought more than jumped up charter in the back.

surely not
7th Dec 2005, 14:28
I believe that the seat pitch in the back is for pax tavelling on 'charter' ish fares.
Premium fare is equivalent to full fare economy onother airlines, whilst Upper is the business class fare on other airlines.

sinala1
14th Dec 2005, 10:12
A346 C Zone cabin to be repitched once they remove the Galley at doors L & R 3. No more seats to be added, just existing ones repitched...