PDA

View Full Version : Flight instructor ratings and job prospects

pilot00
28th Nov 2005, 15:53
Dear All,

Upon gaining my frozen ATPL I have decided to take the instructor route. I am after any information or advise from ex or current instructors of any good flight schools in the UK or further a field who will offer employment upon completing an instructor rating to a professional and high standard at their school.

Thankyou for any help u can offer.

lockton9334
30th Nov 2005, 14:49
My suggestion (I'm not an instructor, but the CAREER INSTRUCTOR SPONSORSHIP SCHEME - CISS - Starting Salary £25.000 pa looks pretty good)

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/company/vacancies.htm

Hope this may be of some help.

Jonathan

Craggenmore
30th Nov 2005, 16:13
yes.....but this requirement will rule you out for a year or two...

CAREER INSTRUCTOR SPONSORSHIP SCHEME - CISS -
Starting Salary £25.000 pa

1. Are you an unrestricted FI teaching applied instrument flying on single-engine aircraft?

Permafrost_ATPL
30th Nov 2005, 17:40
any good flight schools in the UK or further a field who will offer employment upon completing an instructor rating

I can't think of a school who will automatically offer employment at the end of the instructor course. But it's true that the large majority of instructors hired by a given school did train at that school... In other words, pick a school where you might want to work. And ask about how you will get pay, because some of them only pay you per flying hour.

P