PDA

View Full Version : Off-Aiport Landing in Holland/Netherlands

Spunk
28th Nov 2005, 12:25
Hi PPRUNERS,

I'm planning a trip to Arnhem. According to my AIP Deelen AB is closed and there doesn't seem to be any decent airport close by.

As helicopters aren't supposed to land on airports in the first place ;), what would be the requirements for a helicopter to make an off-airport landing in the Netherlands?

Thanks Spunk

Head Turner
28th Nov 2005, 13:54
1, Contact National Police Agency, Traffic and Transport Division, Aviation Police PO Box 75417, 1117 ZR Schirpol-Oost, The Netherlands. +31 20 5025693. Fax +31 205025699. And get their permission to land off airport.

2. Contact a local land owner where you wish to land and get his approval to land, and that person must go to the local mayor and get his/her permission.

3. Ensure before you do these actions that you have looked at a map and there are no local or aviation restrictions.

FAILURE TO DO THESE THINGS CAN LAND YOU WITH A HEAVY, ON THE SPOT FINE.

CyclicRick
28th Nov 2005, 20:21
Try not to pick glider sites either, most of them only permit non-powered aircraft. The permission process is laborious but once you get there everybody is really nice :ok:
Rick

delta3
29th Nov 2005, 10:12
Fully agree with Head Turner.

Need not necessarily go to the mayor, but he has to approve (fax). Depending on their prior experience (typically of his secretary) this may take between 24 hrs and a week. So plan well in advance.

As said before, once paper work is OK, all is smooth. Some places will also accept paying the authorities by wire afterwards and not before, that helps speeding things especially if international transfers are involved.

To speed up things I use some kind of standard form that is usefull in many European countries : clearly indicate aircraft data, insurance data, Pilot data, PAX data, including passports, reason of trip etc. This is closer to their administrative 'world', gives confidence and speeds up things.

d3

Spunk
30th Nov 2005, 06:25
Thanks for the replies so far...
... flight has been cancelled :{

bullshitproof
30th Nov 2005, 13:00
EEEEE yav ta laff spunk lad they probably found out it was cheaper on the coach .