PDA

View Full Version : Retirment age upped to 65.

boeingdream787
27th Nov 2005, 16:11
Hey all. Just heard that pilots in India can now fly to 65 years commercially.That too as PIC.Only catch is that u cant have two in the cockpit above 60.Say what.....!! Me thinks this is another DGCA short term gimmick to scale the current pilot shortage in India.Are such rules reversible...??? I wonder. What would this do for all the current FO's looking for a quick ride to the LHS.Somebody getting hosed here........lolol.Certainly aint the old wheezers who got their second and probably third life(in an equal number of years)after handing in their wings!! Sorry for the pun.And wonder what happens if say tomorrow there is an excess of pilots again.Does DGCA reserve the right to,say,drop the age to 58 again...?? Remember the good ol days when you actually WALKED out of the airplane from your last flight and into your retirment party...!! Cheers all....:) PS.....Whats the deal with expats now in India.Would they be governed by this new rule too??...... http://dgca.nic.in/

ASIAN FROG
29th Nov 2005, 11:28
Hi,
have heard some mummies are flying from Egypt to Europe. From India, impossible because bodies are burnt, isnot it? You must be wrong.

411A
29th Nov 2005, 20:43
Sad for you, boeingdream787, but the age limit is a movin' up, like it or not.
More RH seat...aw, poor baby.:}

Hey, think of all the stories you can tell...:E

boeingdream787
30th Nov 2005, 21:13
Nah......not me dude(411A). No more RHS for me. Unless i'm training......or overlooking some. No thanks,but the reference was to the more rookie kinda RHS flying.....the kind at 18...!! Cheers matie.:D

coco-nuts
3rd Dec 2005, 22:22
65 hey, at least that will help alleviate some pressure on the industry, but for how long with all these orders placed with Airbus and Boeing? The airlines really have to look at some sort of sponsorship/scholarship scheme, but i guess that is another issue. Anyway at least India is catching up with ICAO. :ok:

Left Wing
4th Dec 2005, 04:11
spot on COCO,

even the 2 national airlines AI & IA dont run a cadet pilot program not a single airline is keen to make that kind of investments.

And the great f... DGCA does not help the situation either.
:yuk: :mad: :{ :mad:

Airmike767
12th Dec 2005, 22:37
Docrease in age to 65 have any effect on foreign pilots who base the job on a FAA/CAA/JAR licence?
The age 61 rule previously was for Indians only or thats what I'm hearing from the agencies!