Was the speed record broken ? Nothing on the news ? :hmm:

Cheers,

Gunss

REAL ORCA
27th Nov 2005, 16:35
Maybe they are still at the party!:p

Gunship
27th Nov 2005, 16:38
I am thinking along the same lines ... then again Dean is a man of integrity and grid-iron durability :E

Maybe they stopped along at Grabouw to have an Idols party :ok:

http://www.int.iol.co.za/data/picdb/2/a/picdb4389e5848a737

Goldfish Jack
28th Nov 2005, 00:16
We had a better time at Ferrymans - we can see the same aircraft next week, but it was great being amongst friends and having fun

ps who goes to an airshow to see a/c in any case???

Gunship
28th Nov 2005, 06:08
ps who goes to an airshow to see a/c in any case???

..especially if they waist chopper fuel on top of that ;)

SpanerMan
28th Nov 2005, 10:15
..especially if they waist chopper fuel on top of that

hi Im new here but I must aggree. What a waist of good chopper fuel! All noise & no action! The SAAF must be in trouble as there newest arrival (LUH ) did not even join in on the show, Where was our beloved Rooivalk, not to mention the Alo & Oryx? I think the show was a little one sidded, The orginisers need to be introduced to some real aircraft, me thinks! We even had the possibleity of being graced by a Frelon! Now that would have been a show stopper! Nice show non the less! thanks to TFDS crews & managment.

Gunship
28th Nov 2005, 10:29
hi Im new here but I must aggree. What a waist of good chopper fuel! All noise & no action!

You might be new Span(n)erMan but I quite like you already :E

Uhmm that is in the Biblical way now ;)

So any news on the speed record(s) ?

Cheers

Gunsss

GULF69
30th Nov 2005, 08:07
AGREED SpanerMan,

They tried twice to do the sonic boom, but the wind was too strong and they were too high, so no-one on the ground heard it... HOWEVER..... apparently some naval ships off the coast were sh1tting themselves cos the boom was right over their heads and they didn’t know what was going on!!!
:D
The Cheetah C dropping the flares & bombs was quite nice, and they did put a lot of effort into the show, but it was nothing to write home to about.

Tailspin2001
30th Nov 2005, 13:32
The time to height record was broken.

Spoke to Mike Beachyhead and he was really trying with the sonic boom, his last attempt was @ 19 000 feet (note: not foot like so many say on the RT in SA, after 1 foot they are all FEET). I think it was an inversion layer in the atmosphere that was blocking the boom. Some old tannies were most probably cr@pping themselves in Hermanus etc thinking war had started.

It was great seeing the only airworthy Lightnings and Bucs flying. Unfortunately Roobie had a tyre blowout (it sounded like a gun shot when it went) on the black Buc while turning at the end of the runway on arrival on Friday and it was only sorted late Sat.

Looking forward to more of the same this Saturday.

ImageGear
11th Dec 2005, 18:49
Apologies in advance, but has this request been circulated around, I'm sure there must be some bits still floating about.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=189513&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Don't know if the SA Bucs used the same seat, but would love to see it fly at this side of the pond.

Thanks,

Imagegear
(Ex GHFC, Avex, etc)