PDA

View Full Version : To Skytrans Airlines Pilots

PW150A-400
26th Nov 2005, 23:59
Uncommon Sense, Gen Ties. Good point.

Yes I will re edit my post and remove details. My aim is not to make any particular person a potential scape goat as I fear could easily be the case but to remind some of the folk that they are not in a backyard dodgy GA charter outfit now.
I do not retreat on any of my previous post however, but I do agree there are other ways to deal with it, which I will do in due course with the company.

...-400

relax737
27th Nov 2005, 00:08
That is serious $hit Pw150 etc.

I flew C404's many years ago, and even had an engine failure in one. I believe it is a requirement for a pull down if an engine fails with no attempts to restart. It certainly was some years ago.

If the pilot attempted to restart, you'd have to wonder what the failoure was caused by; maybe he knew it was a fuel selector problem, and he knew he could get it restarted.

I would be dismounting the ship if I was onit under those circumstances

Uncommon Sense
27th Nov 2005, 00:31
Would it not have been better to take up your concerns directly with the airline operator first?

I am not doubting what you saw, but there may well be better ways to address this than placing it on the internet.

bushy
27th Nov 2005, 00:54
Can't have these little ones competing with the big ones now can we? The monopolies must be preserved.

Gen Ties
27th Nov 2005, 00:56
I'm not too sure that using this forum to express such concerns is really the right idea.

To my way of thinking it would have been more correct to use the CASA incident reporting procedure, which would cause a full and proper investigation to be undertaken.

That investigation might very well come up with a completely different conclusion than that you have made.

Remember that just because you surmize something, doesn't make it fact.

slice
27th Nov 2005, 01:12
Bushy - what is your point ? There is no legislated or mandated monopoly on the CS-TL route. Subject to the regulatory requirements anyone is free compete on that route with whatever equipment they choose!

Please explain ?:confused:

Woomera
27th Nov 2005, 08:58
Your first Post??? Did I miss something here??

Has the first post been edited rendering the rest of the thread, senseless????

I hope your second post makes more sense!! :sad:

Woomera